Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
causey 12/27
headed to causey in the am and i have never fished it befor and would love to git in to some kokes any advice where to fish and what to use
[signature]
Just fish any where along the dam, try 30 to 50 ft of water and use Rat finkees. When they come through thick, no bait is needed, you can catch a limit of 4 in minutes.
[signature]
thank you is there any size to the kokes in there ??
[signature]
The majority of them being caught right now are really small, usually under 12" but I have caught some bigger ones before, it just doesn't happen as often, for me at least.
[signature]
Yes, I agree, the kokes are very small this year about the same as Porcupine. The ones we caught were 8.5 to 9.5"
[signature]
They seem a lot smaller than last year. Last year we caught lots of them around this size

[Image: photo9_zps8612337a.jpg]

Still not huge but fun to catch

Here is another photo of some fish we kept last year also

[Image: photo3-1_zps6957eea5.jpg]
[signature]
Those are huge compared to the ones we caught last week. We had at least 4 or 5 schools of kokes come through in the morning but the later in the morning it got the fewer that came through, about 10am we saw none, so we gave up and left. We went down to Pineview and got skunked at the Port ramp.
[signature]
Yeah everything I saw caught last weekend was pretty small.

That's your problem, fishing by the port ramp! [Wink]. I fished over there a lot before the lake froze over and was suprised by how little fish we found in that area.

@Skylar, let us know how you did if you made it out today. I am probably going again in the morning, still trying to decide between Causey or maybe PV or somewhere else.
[signature]
Limited and two schools this is after the first school fished about 60 feet of water with ice flies tipped with wax worms anywhere from 5 foot under the ice ta 20 foot deep
[signature]
Awesome! Glad you found them!
[signature]