Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Creek Regs
Hey I need some help from you Idaho guys. I'm curious what the regulations are on Devils Creek about tip ups (ie. Jaw Jacker).
[signature]
Welcome to the forum . Jaw Jackers are legal . You can have 5 rods with 5 hooks per rod .
[signature]
Hey Curt69 how many entries are in the tournament? With 25 hooks per angler that sounds like a snag fest.[Wink]
[signature]
Two pole limit at tourney if I recall correctly.
[signature]
The information I gave you is for general season . The tournament has it's own rules . I believe there is 150 entries . I will be fishing there Friday with some friends and family from Utah . I have found that after the tournament the fishing is really poor there for the rest of the season .
[signature]
I can understand why the fishing would be poor after the tournament. Even with a two pole restriction and 150 anglers thats 1,500 hooks in the water. I take it that Devils Creek is just a put and take reservoir. Good luck at the tournament.[Smile]
[signature]
I am not fishing the tournament . I don't believe this small resivior should be hosting a tournament . I know it is a put and take place , so the damage will be minimal . They will just plant more fish next spring . My friends decided not to fish it tommamow because of the weather forcast . I am going to predict that there will not be very many fish caught Saturday . The lake has not been fishing very well .
[signature]
Thanks for your perspective on the tournament. You are right in the fact if you are going to hammer a fishery make it one where they plant it heavily. Maybe by waiting until now to have the tournament, that the fishing won't be that good anyway.[Wink] Fishing always slows down after the ice has been on for awhile.
[signature]
Devil crk has been fishing well for me. I went Wed. night and caught 15 or so in 2 hours. If it was alittle slower than usual I will blame the cold front. It sure was a great night to be on the lake though. I was the only one there which suits me just fine. The fog rolled in and I almost forgot I was fishing next to I-15. I am sure some will catch plenty at the tournament and others won't catch many at all. I fish the lake quite a bit before and after the tournament(it is one of the closest lakes for me) and I have seen some great fishing right up until ice off. Two interesting thing about that lake this year, first is the number of tagged fish, I have caught 4 so far and have seen 3 others caught, and second I have caught 5 cuts this year and had never caught one there before.
To the OP, five rods as stated above. I can't imagine the mess I would have with 5 hooks on a line. I quite fishing 2 hooks after I lost a monster cut when my upper hook caught on the ice.
[signature]
Thank you guys for all your helpful information. Im not to familiar with the idaho regulations. Hope to get to know them a little better. There is some good fishing in idaho and i hope to get up there a lot more.
[signature]
I normally only fish one hook per line . I was just telling him what is leagal .
[signature]
+1 for two hooks losing monster fish when the top hook finds the bottom of the ice. About as frustrating as it gets
[signature]
Tournament results are posted on the Utah forum . First place 22.5 "
[signature]
As the tournament director I hear this same complaint every year, that the fishing was good right up to the tournament then there were no fish left. Having been there on the ice measuring fish every year, I can guarantee that there are more fish killed on any other Saturday than arekilled during the tournament. By far, the majority of fish are released to be caught another day. As with most lakes with no special regulations the fish are simply caught out over the course of the winter. The later in the season, the worse the fishing is. It's simply a numbers game. I live right next to Devil Creek, and fish it four to five days a week. The fishing has gradually declined since the lake iced up in late November. The good news is there will be a truck with new fish after the ice clears.
[signature]