Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard wiper fishing with Mike4cobra
Mike and I fished Willard today, and surprise surprise he ended up catching a very nice wiper. We also caught a few perch and a kitty, Nice day on the ice.
WH2
[inline "willard01-20-14 002.JPG"]
[signature]
Looks like willard bay is finally being a little nice during the hard deck season for once. Just wonder how the crappie fishing is at night time because I attend too pull a 8-12 hr trip when ice fishing.
[signature]
Good to hear you two are still hard at it.

Congrats on the wiper Mike. Awesome stuff there buddy.
[signature]
Great fish Mike, pays to hire a good guide!
[signature]
Nice fish, how thick was the ice?
[signature]
Wow nice fish, I'll bet that was hard to get through the hole. Good job guys. Later J
[signature]
It looks like a great day all around. I iced two pike and you got some perch and a kitty.[cool]
[signature]
12"thick. Be careful around the edges though.
[signature]
You'll have to ask wh2, he's the one that pulled it through. I was busy trying not to break 4 pound line!
[signature]
Thanks for going wh2, fun trip! You forgot to mention the mystery fish that yanked your rod through the hole into the lake. I was trying not to laugh!
[signature]
[quote mike4cobra]Thanks for going wh2, fun trip! You forgot to mention the mystery fish that yanked your rod through the hole into the lake. I was trying not to laugh![/quote]

So did he do the flying leap?[:p]
[signature]
Unreal! Cool report!
[signature]
WOW nice catch that's a dandy wiper[cool]
How much did it weigh and how long was it?

The perch are nice and fat to and a catfish is a nice bonus to. thanks for sharing with us
[signature]
We did not weigh it but guessed it was between 4 & 5 lbs. It was 23" long and had a 17" girth. When it went by the hole the first few times, I wasn't sure it would even fit through that 8" hole. It was a blast watching Mike fight that big wiper on the light ultra light, ice fishing rod with 4lb test. That is the first wiper I have ever seen pulled through the ice. That thing was ripping around that hole so hard I really did not think that line would hold up. It pulled out so much line that it tangled with my line that was 15 to 20 feet away. After Mike got that fish in, I decided to move to another hole I had drilled on the other side of him. I put my rod down in the hole and went back to get my other gear but I heard a noise and looked back in time to see my rod go down the hole. Considering how hard the 19" cat and the 11.5" perch pulled, there is little doubt it was another wiper picked up the bait and ran with it. Bummer, loosing the rod but it taught me a lessen on what style rod holder, not to use[Wink] .
[signature]
Dang nice wiper. Nice job guys.
[signature]
wow that's a hog for sure on 4lb test line ice fishing. Sorry to hear about your pole it can happen to anyone in a blink of an eye
[signature]
That would have been something to catch 2 wipers in one day through the ice. Sorry about the pole. Looks like you guys had fun anyway.
[signature]
AWESOME!!! Guess I need to get on the ice. Really can't wait for spring.
[signature]
Yea, it was a good day for sure, always fun to fish with Mike. The best thing about it was that we did not get out there and start fishing until 11am or so. Catching two wipers in one day through the ice would have been awesome but I guess it wasn't meant to be[frown], at least not this time[Wink].
[signature]
[#0000FF]Nice.

Did you set up in the same area as last week?

Get on the ice in the same place?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]