Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard wiper fishing with Mike4cobra
Way cool!
[signature]
Yes, we got on the ice in the same location but no, we did not fish in the same location. We fished way out near that spot where the tumble weed was frozen in the ice. Mike had some GPS cords that he recorded on his finder/gps combo.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I think he has every fish in Willard GPSed.

Depth? Bait/lure? (PM okay)

Thinking about next Tues or Weds.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
We were fishing on one of the many old roads that run from the shore toward the inner part of the lake, this one was only 7ft on the top and 8ft on the side. Mike was fishing on the top, I fished on the sides. I caught my fish on meal worms and also on minnows. I'll let Mike say what he was using. I was using a variety of small ice jigs but the jigs on the pole that went for a swim, I had just put on a Hali jig(SP?) and one of your little spoon shaped perch colored jigs. I guess the ice is still building or it is shifting because there are a couple of pressure ridges out there now but it still seems safe, solid right up to the shore, where we got on the ice. If you want to get out there next week, let me know what time you want to meet.
[signature]
TD, I was using a 2 1/2" gulp minnow, chartreuse and white on a 1/16th orange jig head. I have had good luck with that same setup for catfish right after ice off and crappie and wiper in the spring. The only thing I cant get to eat one in that lake is walleye, not yet at least[Wink].
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks Mike. Lotsa guys do well with the faux minnows. Have you tried all white...with a silver head? I haven't really fished Willard through the ice much the last few years but in days of yore a plain silver spoon or a white plastic with a silver head got us some action right at daybreak. Sometimes did well with a hot red head and a chartreuse tube.

See ya out among the icebergs at iceout again? Just don't get yerself iced in again.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You're never gonna let me live that down are ya! I think my days of playing ice breaker with my boat are done. I should be out there, hopefully we have Ice off before the walleye start spawning this year...[fishin]
[signature]
[#0000FF]If iceout is late you can always make 10,000 new best friends at the inlet...since it will be open again this year. Be sure to bring the right tackle though...heavy rod and line, with some big weighted trebles. Those are known as walleye dry flies. Oh yeah, if you "accidently" snag one you can keep it and claim you didn't do it on purpose.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Great line Big Fella I love it! [:p]
[signature]
I have a new led spot light this year. Should make the late night spotlighting snagged fish more entertaining. I managed to shame a few guys into releasing fish after loudly pointing out where they're hooked with a light on em. [fishon]
[signature]