Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey report
Hey all this is my first time posting and Im happy to be aboard. Well IFG's report on pineview got me up there, but where we usually fish on the north side of cemetery point was open water. So I crossed my fingers and went to causey. I fished the keisel arm where the ice was about 2 1/2 inches. I was in about 20 feet of water and only caught a couple of small splake. After a bit I moved in to about 10 feet of water and I couldnt get my bait to the bottom, all little guys. Then right before I left I caught the biggest splake Ive seen up there. It will definitely get me up there again. I was using a small silver swedish pimple with a waxie. My buddy was using a silver and green kastmaster and doing pretty well also. Lots of open water and soft spots but I did see some other people on the ice. I did use a little bit of 4WD to get out of there it was a nice day.,
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the board, IGotOne! Thanks for the report. Sounds like ice is shaping up everywhere. At 2-1/2" Though, think I'll wait! Again welcome and thanks for the report![/size][/font]
[signature]
welcome to the utah board IGotOne - hey the state catch and release record for splake is 16 inches . .

TROUT, Splake 08/12/99 16"

[url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/fishing/recfish.html"]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/fishing/recfish.html[/url]

somebody from bft's gotta break that this winter, maybe you did but didn't know it!

sm
[signature]
Welcome aboard IG1! [cool] Nice report! I still have to make it back to Causey to fish but, I'll hit all the great UT lakes again sooner or later! [Wink] I haven't fished Causey for about 20 years... Man, time flies! [unimpressed]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Last year at Fish Lake I had a splake about 4-1/2 pounds and easily broke the state catch and release record. I think he was between 24" - 25" BUT with the state record for splake at 15+ pounds there is no way my name was going in the book with a 4-1/2lb fish. Don't need no stinkin' record that bad. Now if it was 10+ lbs I might do it![/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report and good to have you on the board. How big was the splake you caught? WH2
[signature]
Hey WH2 the splake was a fat 15 incher that I released not big compared to fish lake, but big for causey. They have some cool markings on their backs dont they?
[signature]
they dont even record the weight . . just the length . . .

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Ya, I know it's a length thing, southernman, but I want a decent fish if I'm going to put my name in the book, not just to break a record that no one submits entries to.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Welcome aboard!Glad to hear of some iceup,want to fish some where besides Scofield.
[signature]
Nice to have you here IGotOne. Congrats on the decent day up at Causey as well. Sounds like the ice is borderline safe...a few cold days should cure that though. Thanks for the report, and good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
Welcome to the boards IGotOne!!! [Smile]
[signature]
Be carefull dude. When I put a report on ice, it's safe for me. I said Causey was unsafe and I'd give it 2 weeks. I walked on it and chickened out. Don't be led astray but my sometime tyraids. It's ice season and I can get a little crazy. But still, 2 1/2", you can fish with me anytime. They must sound like church bells when you walk. You go first!
[signature]
NIce report! Welcome aboard! I can't wait to get up there to tryn my hand Ice fishing for the first time
[signature]