Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfriendly Rockport
I dont get to fish with my son too often. They grow up have families and get busy so when he said he wanted to make a quick trip to Rockport I was in. We got there to find the boat ramp barricaded off and not plowed. That was a first, I guess the edges have been soft with the recent warm weather. We went out and set up in 39 feet of water. We each put one bait on the bottom hoping to get a perch to bite the other bait at the depth we were seeing trout cruise through. There were a lot of window shoppers but not many hits. The sonar clearly showed the fish cruising through saluting us with a raised middle fin. The bites were very light and they were the hit once and gone type. We didnt catch many fish but as always I enjoyed the time fishing with my son. Hope some of our other 500 new best friends did better than we did. Did get a visit from the DNR officers for a license check. They said it had been slow all over the lake.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Good/bad report. Glad you got to go fishing with your son again. The older we (and they) get the harder it becomes to get schedules together and put a trip together.

Sorry the fishies treated you so shabby. Just ain't right. But then fish aren't known for playing fair.

[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I might have too check out RP once again hit one of my spots and see if I can get a 30+ day again [laugh]. I never fish the south side because it always sucks.

Wish the best luck next time.
[signature]
Yep I have had a lot of fish with a warped sense of fairness this winter. It was a short trip and sunny, the almost constant breeze that seems to come with Rockport was in attendance even if the fish werent. Actually there were a couple bites I should have had but they were few enough that I got messing with the other pole or something, so, cant blame it all on the fish.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey, it has been awhile since you fished with me, too. Maybe we can fit in an exploratory on Utah Lake before the ice comes off.

Have your people contact my people.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sorry to hear the catching was so poor for you and your son but at least you were able to spend some time with him. We did a little better with the catching but it was before you were there.

[inline 1rockportsnow.jpg]
[signature]
Would love to get out with ya. Let meknow when
[signature]