Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 12-12 to 12-14 report
The weather was very unpredictable and I have not used my boat yet so I backed out and fished from shore. I did manage to catch whites and cutts off the marina Saturday and sunday morning. Spoons and curly tails were the ticket. Maybe Xmass weekend weather will offer me a chance to try my boat out. Plus, I think Santa may get me a new rod and reel that I need so desperately!!
[signature]
Nice looking whites F1o, we saw you towing your new boat down the mountain as we were going home on Friday. Do you usually smoke your whitefish or cook them? WH2
[signature]
Tried smoking them but they don't stay lit !! HAHA !! I have only had them a few times and like to fry them up in a pan with eggs over easy. My Dad and I used to have fish for breakfast when I was younger and it kind of stuck with me!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yes, I agree with WH2 ... they are nice whites. I tried to catch some on Friday but no luck. And BC only got one.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks coot,

Wish I could have got into the Mac's though. Looks like your trip was worth while, nice catch!!!!! I was too afraid to chance the wind coming up on me.
[signature]
Nice whites Fish1on. Thanks for the invite Saturday but I was a little paranoid of the waves also so I decided to stay home and finish my rod. We will make it out on the water one of these next weekends.
[signature]
Knowing when to get off the lake will come with time. I have been puckered up many a time. One advantage to have a aluminum boat is that it is not to hard to dock from the shore on the south end. Getting off is only a matter of minutes. I hope to fish the week end of Christmas maybe we can hook up or something.