Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park 2-8-14
Fished at the boat dock near the dam from 10-4 today. Pretty decent, steady action. Nothing over 16 inches, but nothing real small either. The ice is THICK!, almost could have used an extension. And the snow was DEEP. There was easily 18-20 or so inches of fresh powder, it was difficult to walk through and set things up in. We did not venture too far from the ramp. Fished near another small group and they were doing decent also. Caught another large sucker that almost stole my pole down the hole, and the guy next to us got on a pod and couldn't get rid of them, he easily pulled out 15 smaller suckers. There is some slush at the edge, but not bad. Holes drilled closer to shore did provide somewhat of a vent and flooded the immediate area some. I am without a snowmachine, I may be done with Island Park for the season as it is difficult in the deep snow, but it was a fun day out and we enjoyed catching fish.
[signature]
My son and his friend had a good day as well. They caught 11 decent rainbows and a nice Kokanee somewhere off of Bills Island. They said the snow and slush was difficult.

Windriver
[signature]