Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nils augar
blades are getting dull what was the address of the one guy who sharpens these blades
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]
Frank DeLuca
5382 Jentoft Rd,
Saginaw, MN 55779
218-729-7941

[url "mailto:frankbdeluca@yahoo.com"]frankbdeluca@yahoo.com[/url]

[/size][/font]
[signature]
thanks
[signature]
This might be a good time to bring up some thoughts on nils. Nothing against Frank; He has gave me great service. However, with shipping it costs over $50 just to sharpen the head. New heads cost $100. Has anybody had any luck sharpening them yourself??? I was thinking that the Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener would do a fine job.
[signature]
I have tried...... the problem isnt keeping it sharp it is all in the angle.
[signature]
My neighbor does it for me. It is very difficult but he does a good job.
Windriver
[signature]
The first year I had mine I bet I only drilled 20 holes and it just quit working. It still felt sharp. I thought I bent it. But Frank said he just sharpened it. It can't be that hard to sharpen. I'm going to buy that Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener and try that. I've been wanting one for my filet knifes anyway. It would pay for itself if I could miss two trips to Frank.
[signature]
I wonder about using a dremel tool. With the correct bit in there, and a steady hand, you should be able to get the right angle with a nice sweep.
[signature]
I think a belt sander would work better . Remember never take any off of the bottom of the blade , only off the beveled edge .
[signature]