Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost creek
Does anyone know how the ice is doing at lost creek
[signature]
Me and a buddy fished it Saturday morning and it was a mess. First 10-15' of ice was under 8-12" of slush and the rest of the reserviour was covered in 6-10" of water. Luckily we were both in waders. We did get a few bites but they were very light and we had to work extremely hard for the few fish we caught. Didn't see anyone around us catch a fish. Probably our last trip of the year.
[signature]
Partial report. We got up there Monday just to take a ride and get out of the house after being sick all weekend. Arrived right about 5:30 when it was getting dark, there were a few people out on the ice and one we spoke with had caught a half dozen pan sized trout. The edges looked fairly soft and there was several inches of slush on the ice, but it was passable. I did get the opportunity to rescue someone from the slush monster...in the parking lot. [Smile] Stick to the side closest to the guard rail when parking, as the north side is full of holes and ruts.

The road across the dam had only been driven by snowmobiles, still a couple of feet of heavy wet snow.
[signature]
We went out Monday morning and the soft edges has hardened up. Sunday we could not even step onto the ice without a big boot full of water, Monday, you could walk right on. Fishing was extremely slow as it was for the other 6 or 7 groups within sight of us. We would get a bite every hour and one half to two hours. We left at 1:00 p.m. We saw two different trucks drive right across the dam with no problem. But I don't know if they could make it back once the sun softened up the snow.
[signature]