Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a NFO Toon!
Hey folks, I'm tired of messing with 30 year old outboards so I'm selling my boat and looking to get back into tubing!

What I'm looking for is a gently loved NFO Predator or Renegade, anyone have one they're looking to get rid of? PM me!
[signature]
Try pming kanderson. He has a Navigator for sale.
[url "http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2014-products/outlaw-frameless-models/world-navigator-kayak/"]http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2014-products/outlaw-frameless-models/world-navigator-kayak/[/url]
[signature]
I saw that, and I like the kayak style except for getting in and out of. It's also going to be worse for crossing waves getting me wet as it's a much lower profile than the frameless pontoons.
[signature]
I think it sits as high as the Predator and Renegade. Same design just closed on both ends and pointed. I can wear hip waders on all my pontoons and never get bum wet.
[signature]
Any thoughts on the Outcast Stealth Pro? I know you're a NFO fan, but these are similarly priced and look pretty slick.

Less D rings and no lifetime warranty and slightly heavier than a Renegade though...
[signature]
I just prefer Bladderless and USA made over bladder/skin and Asian made. Any ideas how you will mount a motor? Why if you don't mind me asking?
[signature]
well when you put it that way I guess the outcast doesn't sound so nifty!

NFO it is then, just gotta find someone who wants to sell theirs...
[signature]
Check Cabela's as well. I saw one with an easy fix in the Discount Cave last year
[signature]
[quote fish_or_die][/quote]Any thoughts on the Outcast Stealth Pro? I know you're a NFO fan, but these are similarly priced and look pretty slick.

Less D rings and no lifetime warranty and slightly heavier than a Renegade though...[/quote]

The Outcast stealth pro is nothing more than a blatant rip off of the NFO Renegade. And for the same price? Who in their right mind would buy one that is the same price as a Renegade, is heavier, has bladders and is made in china with a limited warranty. I got a kick out of Outcast's Facebook page where they introduced it and it won some design award from a magazine.
"Winner of IFTDs Best Personal Watercraft and Fly Fusion Magazine’s Editor’s Choice".
Really?
I guess if you advertise for certain magazines, you'll get your props back one way or another, even though the Renegade has been out for a few years before the "stealth pro" was a tWinkle in Outcasts eye. Come on Outcast where's your integrity gone to?
[signature]
Background on me:
I own an Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe Float Tube and a Scadden Renegade. I've got nothing against Outcast, but I LOVE the Renegade.

When comparing the Outcast Stealth Pro vs. the Renegade, the following points come to mind:
1. I like the welded on sleeves that Outcast has for rod holders or for anchors.
2. The advantages of the Renegade are:
a. It's 7 lbs. lighter
b. It's one foot longer (9 feet vs 8 feet)
c. Weight capacity:
Renegade 800 lbs.
Outcast 450 lbs.
I've had my Renegade for 2 years now. I'll start my third year with it on a trip to Eastern Sierras this May. The Renegade is still my first choice. I use it with oars and no motor. If I need a motor, I take one of my aluminum boats.
You'll be extremely satisfied if you buy a Renegade.
[signature]
The weld on sleeves for anchors, rod holders etc. is a nice idea. Myself, I prefer to buy the Scotty glue on base for the Scotty system. So the only thing innovative with outcast boat is the sleeve system. Still ripping off Scadden though.
[signature]
I forgot to mention earlier...The Renegade has two side bags vs. one for the Stealth Pro. Sometimes in cold weather, I carry enough stuff with me (gloves, skull cap, sandwich, bottle of water), as well as fishing gear. It is sure nice to have that extra bag on these occasions.
[signature]
Agree totally! Mojo did have a Renegade. He had red, I had blue (because they don't make yellow[Wink])
I sold his[:p]
He got the Assault and the Predator instead. Plus the X5.
[signature]