Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am back in my boat in the sturgeon hole
Boy was it a great day to be back in my boat. I got to sugar cube creek before daylight and it was 31 degrees. I got ready and waited for the sun to come up both for warmth and navigation. I haven't went fishing since October. I got into the hole and dropped my rigs. Two hours later I get a hook up and man that fish was strong. It towed me from one side to the other and then all of a sudden it was gone. I guess I didn't set the hook hard enough. So I took the time then and sharpened my hooks and went back at it. 3 and a half hours later I get another hook up. This time I set the hook hard and set it again just to be sure. A half an hour later I got my fist look at it, and shew was a big old girl. She went back down and I had to haul her back to the top. I got her on my lap and she was as long as my rod 7 foot. She beat the crap out of me.

[Image: Snapshot73-8-20149-02PM_zps9e1a4cce.png]

[Image: Snapshot53-8-20149-02PM_zps83de58d6.png]

[Image: Snapshot33-8-20149-01PM_zpsf8bcccfd.png]

[Image: Snapshot43-8-20149-01PM_zps85a4c935.png]

[Image: IMG_0860_zpsdef54b9f.jpg]

Well I went back to the same place and 30 minuted later I am hooked up again. This one was between 5 and 6 foot but it felt like a ton because I was still whipped from the last one.
In all it was a great day. Ron
[signature]
Wondered when you where gonna make it. We've been walking in. Nice fish, I think I know her. Hope we get some water soon.
[signature]
I have never seen this one before. I have handled a lot of fish there but it amazes me to find some I have not been acquainted with. Ron
[signature]
Caught a sugar fish at blue heart once in the summer.
[signature]
That's awesome! Ron
[signature]
WTG Ron!
A True beauty from the deep, and a biggin at that [shocked]
[signature]
Awesome fish! Thx for sharing
[signature]
Awesome post! That is so cool

[signature]
Thanks Ron! It's a sure sign of spring when I see you back with the Sturgies! [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
Awesome dinosaur Ron!
Your pics & vids are always amazing to see!
[signature]
Those are awesome shots! Did you sell your Steelheader?
[signature]
No I still have it. I use it every where else just not this hole. This hole is way to hard to get it in there with the water level as low as it is. Ron
[signature]
Awesome, thanks. I just noticed you hardly used it last year (IN your pictures) so I had to ask. It is a 10'er right? How long is this Outcast you are using?
[signature]
Nice fish!! Ron.
Ya got a brass monkey fer sure. [Smile]
[signature]
Ron, you being the Sturgeon Master! I am most likely going to be in the Glenn's Ferry area in July. Any chance you can direct me to a Pontoon friendly spot to spend a few hours? Thanks in advance for any info.
[signature]
Heck YA!!
There is a hole not far from there. I will PM you.
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks!
[signature]
Sorry I didn't see this post.
I used my Steelheader a ton last year. I did a 4 day trip for cats, and probably 10 to 12 days for sturgeon and one day for Walleye. Ya the steelheader is 10 foot the Sportsman is 9.
Ron
[signature]
Ron you should have told us you had a picture on Jared Scott outdoors , we could have voted for you . Love your posts and pictures .
[signature]
15 years fishing that spot and this spring SUX.
[signature]