Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost on a Saturday....
Woke up around 5:30am this morning, threw the fishing gear in the car and got lost........
[Image: IMG_7446_zps8d434b94.jpg]

And the rewards were worth it! This 22 inch slot buster was a handful, and released! The photo really does not do it justice.
[Image: IMG_7387_zps1ce036dd.jpg]

Thinking it would be slot buster after slot buster I hiked back to the car and grabbed the tripod. Of course, just my luck, every fish after that was in the slot.
[Image: IMG_7440_zps6de53621.jpg]
[Image: IMG_7398_zps7a3f7c0a.jpg]

At 10:45am the wind went from 0mph to 30mph in less than a minute...thus killing the awesome action. So I moved onto some more familar grounds with BFT member Delement87. At one point I put away the jigs, bait and rapalas....and busted out the fly rod to learn some new skills......and even nailed a few fish too.
[Image: IMG_7450_zpsf9f36279.jpg]
[signature]
Now that is a great way to get lost! That was a PIG!
Glad you got into some picture perfect trout.
Thanks.
[signature]
Nice work on the fish and your last post. Great pics!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]
Glad you got into some picture perfect trout. [/quote]

Thanks......too bad the photos took the back seat this trip. The shore got super slick and the fish had me bouncing between 2 rods almost constantly for 3 hours.

Lights out ice out.....now thats worth getting a little lost for!
[signature]
Nice report, nothing like a spring trip. Looks fun![bobhappy]
[signature]
That is one nice cutt there! Pics don't it justice? I think we can all see... Nice fish! So ice off just started up there? I've never fished there during ice off. Always wanted to. I've always heard that lake an schofield are the best in the state during ice off. What side is melting faster?
[signature]
The ice is coming off quickly. In my experince the best "ice off" fishing is typically less than 72 hours long. Easy to miss!

I have fished ice off at lots of lakes....Fish Lake, Scofield, Strawberry, Rockport, ect......

And by far the best.......

THE BERRY hands down!
[signature]
Dude, that is a pig, thanks for sharing your report and pics. Looks like the slot limit is starting to work, it won't be long before Lost creek is doing as well as the Berry[cool].
[signature]
Damn. The fishin bug is callin my name but work pays the bills. To bad I didn't take some vac. I didn't know ice off was such a narrow window
[signature]
Looks like quite the death grip on that "slot buster" there, tye dye twin!. Might as well keep a trout if you're gonna squeeze em that hard[:/]... might have suffered internal organ damage. Just an fyi.

What did ya get em on, worms?
[signature]
I doubt there would be any harm at all to that fish- just a small poke to the belly -like the Pillsberry Dough Boy-- Hee Hee.
[signature]