Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sf Clearwater - watch your rig
Good fishing up there now, but fish where you can see your rig. Some jack wagon stuck a knife through my sidewall while I was down fishing. I must have been in his favorite hole or something. Made me a tad nervous since I was up there alone.

That put a damper on Saturday night's fishing, but Sunday made up for it. I stuck 6 and landed 5, both on fly gear and on spinning equipment. One was the biggest buck I've ever seen in person- took me 20 minutes to get him in on spinning gear.

I kept this "smallest" fish of the day (10 pound-ish? hen) for the smoker when I decided I needed to hit the road home. Great trip.

[Image: imagejpg1.jpg]
[signature]
Congrats on the fish. To bad about the tire. You go fishing to get away from all of the nonsense of life and that happens. It is hard to understand people.
[signature]
That SF Clw is one crazy place. Takes you back about 50 years it seems like.

I have never fished it for steelhead, but you should have seen the looks I got when I rolled up there during chinook season with Utah plates!

Thought for sure I would have something burning on my rig when I hucked it back up the hill.

[laugh]
[signature]