Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map of Bear lake
I have been looking for a map of the fishing spots that everyone talks about and cannot find a thing! I started to draw my own map in paint on the computer but realized that I do not know where these spots are and finishing it is impossible for me. Does anyone have some inputs that they could provide me so I can finish this thing and get back to fishing?? I have attached my VERY ROUGH draft, got to start somewhere!

Thanks for any help
[signature]
Sorry I've only fished the east side once and I only know it as the east side, but that is one great map of bear lake so far, I could never do something like that in paint, right on. One of these guys should have some info for ya[Smile]
[signature]
If I wasnt so computer illit. I could show you,I know most of the spots but dont know how to run the program!![crazy]I bet BLM could show you!M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Do not let your heart be troubled, Fish1on. The BearLakeFishGuy is going to make your day. He's working on a map for all to use. He let me in on the secret and we discussed briefly how to post it for the maximum benefit.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I have had a USGS map posted at [url "http://home.comcast.net/~thumbrock/map.htm"]http://home.comcast.net/~thumbrock/map.htm[/url] for quite some time now that I annotated depth contour intervals into. I plan to update it with new and more accurate depth contour intervals and markers with labels for places not already on the map (e.g. Gus Rich's Point, Rock Pile, Pump House, etc.) some time this winter. I'd like to check out the one you're working on BLFG, maybe I can help out.
[signature]
You ask here and you receive here! WOW this site rules! I feel like deleting my little piece of C#$@! map compared to what this group is producing. Looks like I used crayons and paper. If BLFG needs anything I will help but I don't know what I could do!!

Thanks you all for your envolvement with this and providing a link to a very good map. I can not wait for the end product!!!
[signature]
Here is a copy of a map from Fishing & Hunting News of Bear Lake
[signature]
If you would like a larger file send me a pm.

Good Luck
[signature]
Here's a map we've found useful: [url "http://www.utahoutdoors.com/maps/bearlkmap.htm"]http://www.utahoutdoors.com/maps/bearlkmap.htm[/url]

It shows most of the popular spots.
[signature]
Thanks Dale. It is great to have you on the board. I really miss our publication. Any future prospects for a restart to your great mag???? I also enjoy your weekly fishbytes.

I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Good post Fish1on,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I too am anxious to learn where these spots are. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I've been thinking that, not only would a map be helpful, so would GPS coordinates. With the lake as big as it is, I wonder if I could drive my boat to these spots just by following a map. Granted, I could probably get within a half mile, but I doubt that would be close enough to take advantage of the hot spot I was looking for.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]So, if anyone has GPS coordinates for these places, I'd love to get them. Or, if anyone out there knows where these spots are and would be willing to take me there, I would mark and record the coordinates in my GPS. Then, with permission only, I would share them.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I know that this may be going just a little too far in giving away trade secrets, and I understand and respect that, but it doesn't hurt to ask.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Old Coot,

I too have a gps! I know that the secret spots are taboo but this group (I am sure) is willing to help us out! Maybe you and I should get together and fish and find these spots?? Should be fun trying!! I am game if you are. A whole lot of napping,learning, and great company is half the battle! Send me a PM and we will schedule something. I would like to get MGB in this too, he and I have been trying to schedule a trip for 6 months now!!!!! I think Idaho Native might even fish with us too!! BLM are you up to fishing with some newbies?? Lets try to get a group of us together and have a BFT Bear lake fishing trip?? I am willing to coordinate a event if need be. Maybe I should start a new thread and see if anyone is interested in a new years fishing get together??
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'd go but I'm shorebound right now. I blew a piston on my main outboard today and am looking at a major rebuild. Icefishing may be my entertainment for a while til it's fixed and I can cough up the mega dinero.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Man that hurts! If you need a lift I know where I can round up a boat, and the cushions are still available for sitting higher in the seat.
[signature]
Hey BLM , sorry to hear about your motor . Thats got to be a real bummer .
[signature]
You can fish off my boat any time!!! Just let me know what day and I will make it happen. I am limited to [url "mailto:6@150"]6@150[/url] per the boat specs but I think three guys is realy the limit. I hope old coot and mgb pm me and we can get something lined up for new years weekend or xmass weekend?? I forgot!! Idaho native may want to go out as well! sorry to hear about your motor, if there is something electrical I could help with let me know, but mechanical I am useless. I rewired the whole ex-Teroy boat to include fuse block and trolling motor. I had to know where all the wiring went because that is what I am trained to do!!!
[signature]
[red][size 3]Pick the right day and I'll show up with my float toy and room for a coupla' extra BFT'rs. I was going to go today but my folks called last night and said they were coming up for a visit so I didn't. Would have been a beautiful day on the water, turns out they didn't make it anyway. [Sad][/size][/red]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 6]O U C H ! ! ! ![/size][/#ff0000][/font][/center]
[signature]
Sorry to hear about your bad luck yesterday, WS and I were wondering what happened to you. Did your engine blow before you got to do any fishing? WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]My engine decided to bite the bullet about a 1/4 mile out the marina. After messing with stuff we ended up a 1/2 mile out and fished for a couple hours. Since the wind wasn't blowing, we decide to paddle in. Don't ask why; some bozo forgot the kicker motor keys in the truck![/size][/font]
[signature]