Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake report 12-19-03
Wiperslayer and I fished the Bear today from 7:30am to 4pm. We met BLM at the ramp and talked for a while then launched the Slayers boat into 33.6* water, when we arrived at the Rock pile the temp was 36* by the end of the day the water temp was up to 38.6*. We never did see BLM all day so I'm interested in hearing his report but our report follows. We looked over the edge of the Rock pile where it drops into deeper water and found few fish so we moved over to Gus's point after a half hour the fun began. We caught fish and lost fish all morning and into the afternoon around 2pm the action died and we gave it another hour just to make sure. We moved over to 80ft of water straight off the state parks marina and fished the day with no more fish. It was a great day on the pond, with little to no wind all day. We caught 15 total, a mix bag of whites, cutts and macks, nothing over 3 lbs. Salt & pepper tube jigs tipped with cisco were the ticket today. I thought we saw Muskyhunter and Idahonative launch near Gus's point but never got a chance to that to them, was that you guys? We were using 5 inch tubes and we had a white fish swallow half the gig, it was hard to believe that a whitefish could get a jig that big in it's month. We also caught a cutt that had a whitefish sticking out it's mouth but still grabbed the tube jig, what a hungry fish. Thanks Wiperslayer for another great day on the Bear. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Nice report WH2. Good to hear you had some busy action time. Nothing over 3 lbs? I'm surprised.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I think that maybe the reason you didn't see BLM any more is because that is when he may have had his motor problems:[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=87702"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=87702[/size][/font][/url]
[signature]
I always try and look at all post before I post my messages but I missed that one, thanks OC. I thought it was unlikely that a whole day went by and we did not see BLM once, even though it is a big lake. I did get a big mack to the surface but was unable to get a weight or length before it released itself, I figured 6 or 7 lbs but it could have been bigger. We also saw a guy fishing by us that pulled up two nice fish, one was around 7lbs the other was around 9lbs. WH2
[signature]
WH2,good report,I wish that was us you seen but it was not!Them big fish must be hibernating,your trip sounds like ours last weekend other then the weather!!Later,M.H.
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a good time. No it wasn't MH and myself. With the warm temperture today I was sure wishing I had gone out today.
IN & MH, the guys I saw there were in a 14ft maybe 15ft alumium boat, they launched in the same place you guys do, they were in a white pickup with a camper shell. They stayed close to the shore and went over by the harbor that is out of the water at Sweetwater, it looked like they trolled most of the time they were there. WH2
[signature]