Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing near I-84 in Magic Valley
Hi all,
I am traveling to SLC for a couple days and was hoping to stop for a bit of fishing on the way back Friday. I have seen some ponds that look pretty good but would love any advice or news on good spots along the I-84 or very near.
Thanx in advance,
Tin Man
[signature]
Crystal Lake can be good this time of year. It is def. planters. Fish it off the dock with power bait. It is only a few miles off the freeway. Worth the drive to see the many springs there spilling into the Snake. Maybe some of the guys down that way will have more current info. Mike
[signature]
At Bliss you can get off and fish hagerman. Or you could fish the Bliss Dam. I am sure that you would catch something at King hill.
[signature]
if you are taking a fly rod, Correct me if im wrong but the Malad river is a fun little spot to fish dry fly's anytime of year. small fish, but its still fishing.
I believe the access just before you reach Hagerman.
[signature]
Wendell exit and go down to crystal lake and Niagara springs. If conditions are right you never know what you may catch. Wink
[signature]
For the next couple weeks that road will be closed. They are replacing the bridge.
[signature]
Can't see the wisdom of closing a state park. Twenty tons of trout food and 20 employees gotta get in. Shoshone falls is gonna roar, I'll launch across the river.
[signature]
The Bridge to the park is dangerous so they are going to replace it. It will take about 2 weeks to complete. The trout food is full and is not a problem. We are going to be able to fill them again in a few days to get through. The employees will cross on foot and be shuttled to the hatchery. The wisdom to close is for public safety.

Isn't that a rocky area to launch? Also is the vehicle safe there? Ron
[signature]
If the rivers up it's not to bad in a jet. Never had any problem with thieving. Short water year and their gonna spill for the tourists. It will make the river reload.
[signature]
Is dierkes lake near Shoshone falls open now? Has bass and trout in it, or did last time I was there. Don't need one but it's Fun in a float tube to pitch plastic worms up agin the shore and hop them back out to you. May not be open until Memorial Day, though. Check the regs.
[signature]
[fishon]
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I will post reports and hopefully pics of my catch.
Tin Man
[signature]