Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT get together lost creek.....report
the get together was a blast don,t know for sure how many fish i caught but at least 40 would be a fair guess mostly dinks which you expect at lost creek what i didn't expect was to hook and finally loose after a 10 min. battle was a HUGE rainbow that made a 27 1/4 " cutt i got earlier this year look like a dink thats what i love the most about fishing you just never know what you will hook onto
[signature]
id have to say 20-30 fish perperson maybe more the fish chris latched into was a biggie id say 28-29in and about 10lbs. was a fun day out on the ice, even when we where all gathered around chris and the ice cracked and we all took off running
[signature]
Chris you the man, I can not believe how big that fish was, also I dont know who was more excited you or me, I was shaking and out of breath by the time it broke off. Even after losing that monster, I think you still ended up catching the biggest fish of the day. what a great day met alot of BFT members and I think we all enjoyed ourselves.
[signature]
Wish I could of got away today and come up to fish with you all . How thick is the ice and does it have any snow on it ? Was the gate locked ? How was the parking ? Got me interested if there is one big Bow in there . Way to go !!
[signature]
It was a nice day of fishing. Lots of BFT'ers I have never met before. But the fishing was good. We ran out of wax worms. And we had the big tub. It was some crazy fast catching.

There was plenty of ice. 4+ inches. It looks scary from the road, but its all good. Yes you can drive all the way to the lake, and even around the side to the boat ramp.
[signature]
heres some pics
[signature]
I plan on hitting Causey tommorrow but might just swing over to Lost Creek but have never been there!Where do I turn of the after I head over trappers loop and is it car or 2wd accessable?? Thanks M.H.
[signature]
[Smile]I heard the Princess had quit the fight with the ice after I left,had to tighten the drag and everything.
[signature]
easy to find just head up the 84 to the croyden off ramp and follow the signs its about a 17 mile drive in
[signature]
Sounds like it was a good day of fishing at lost creek. I very seldom hear of a big fish being caught at lost creek especially one around 27".

You havn't lost your touch way to go Chris!
[signature]
Thanks for the directions Aquaman,what color seemed to be the best and where and how deep are you guys fishing?? thanks,M.H.
[signature]
Man that must have been a rush. Congrats Chris. Too bad he wouln't stick his head up through the hole! Glad you could catch a bunch of fish.
[signature]
ha ha james. yeah, today was a hoot! i had such a great time, and it was fun getting my dad out there on the ice. i had a slow morning, but after i stole polo's hole and had pitty's rig, i was set[angelic]! thanks guys for helping me out. . i watched austin and yper catch lots next to me too. it was pretty entertaining. definately enjoyed everyones company... i'm a big fan of these bft get-togethers. my best set-up was a white whatta cricket with either a yellow power nugget or a waxie. i'm going to hit causey on monday with alicia, so anyone with tips PM me!!!
[signature]
Congratulations Chris -- sounds like you guys had an extremely successful outing.
[signature]
Hey just wanted to say thanks james the class was great and this fishin was even better

mute
[signature]
Here is a picture of Aquaman fighting the Lost Creek Monster. That rod is the one he built in the rod building class just one week ago. By the way that rod is bent over he is very lucky it didn't snap in half.
[signature]
Nice pic Yper. I looks like the lost creek monster tested the limits on Aquamans ice pole.

What kind of a lid is that fishing buddy stuck threw?
[signature]
that is a lid off a three gallon bucket of peanut butter a peice of pvc pipe
[signature]
no congrats are in order i didn't catch it just hooked it

all i wanted was one picture [Sad] and i would have released it a fish of that size deserves to be returned to the lake
[signature]
MGB, lost creek used to hold good size trout. We used to float tube it a bunch after work before they did the construction.

since they did the work, the fishery see's a lot more pressure, and gets stocked with the smaller fish regularly, but lost creeks potential to grow big fish still exists. In the next few years, you should see some of those smaller fish that have been in there for a few years now growing up to be big fish.

Lost creeks midgit fish reputation wont stick for long. It may not grow a ton of monsters like aqua mans fish, but it will be back to producing 2 - 3 pound fish on a regular basis before you know it.

Of course if the stockings continue on a regular basis, you may have to weed through the planters to get to them.
[signature]