Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Rpt. 12/20/03
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I fished the big pond today with my 10 year old daughter. We launched at the marina just before 8:00am and fished near the front of the marina for about 45 minutes jigging for whitefish in about 11 feet of water. There were 4 other boats doing the same thing as us. We had no bites and didn't see anyone else catch any fish. We then headed east to Cisco Beach and fished about 100 yards north of the new boat ramp. We anchored in 16' of water and casted 1/8 oz. black/yellow maribou jigs towards shore. Before I could get my first cast in, my daughter was into a 19 3/4" cutthroat. We hammered the whitefish until about 10:30 then it went dead, so we moved about 200 yards to the north along Cisco Beach and caught a few more whitefish. We then moved off South Eden and fished in five (5) feet of water and really got into both cutthroat and whitefish. We could look down and see the anchor on bottom without any problems! No really big trout, but all in the 17-20" size. We ended up catching "lots" of whitefish and we kept 17. We caught 6 cutts and kept one. It was beautiful today, no wind, sunny skies and a fun day with my kid. We were off the water at 11:45.[/font][/size]
[signature]
Great report as usual! Any day with your kid is a great day especially when you are fishing. I hope to get my ten year son out next weekend with me.
[signature]
Great report. Sure wish that I would have gone to Bear Lake today. I fish all of the right waters, but all of the wrong days!
[signature]
Great report BL fishguy,its not too often that the big bear is smooth and wind free. I would have been there but were still looking for cow elk,did your wife get hers? I talked to you the day before the hunt at the marina and you had just been looking up on the hill by the Chevron!!M.H.
[signature]