Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH CONTEST 2014: SKUNKED AGAIN
Wanted to start this off with the smallest catch of the season and try to build from here. Cutler Res May 3, 2014. I measured as 6.5, 12.5 and 16".. Yote I haven't gotten my card yet but figured since I just built the bump board and these are such monsters it might be okay. Later J
[signature]
Well, I'd love to get ya on the board, that 7-incher is so cute, I'll bet it just croaked so sweet. But if I loosen the rule now (1) someone from the south will whine (2) next thing you know we'll be scratching BWO in the sand and snow.

I would give you this - instead of that Rapala sticker, if you put a BFT sticker on that board, and had a 2014 note on there.

Plus someone's got their big fat banana fingers hand in the way of the head. Can't see both ends of the kitty or the tape.

PLUS.... I'm sure you'll do better. That biggest is about the size Lava's been finding. But at least now ya got 'em turned on, and dialed in - right?

I had that sign for you, but then I was gonna leave it at work, since you're closer, then I think I brought it home, NOW I don't know where it ended up. I'd send you a pm, but attachments are . . . well, I won't get started. Just say it "ends with pooch".

So here - hopefully you've got a printer - even a B&W works. I'll try to scare up that other before the floatilla. If you need stickers, I do have those.
Thanks Yote, I couldn't get my computer to edit that file. Thanks a bunch and I could use a couple new stickers if ya have them. Thanks J
[signature]
Okay here are a couple to start off. 5/14/14, Willard Bay, it is really an 18" fish but I couldn't keep it straight but notice the kink in it. Next is one caught today 5/17/14 Cutler and it measured 21.5".
Later J

[#005000]
That'll do Skunk! Like your banger-board.

18 pnts
21.5 pnts
[/#005000]
Got a couple on 23 May Cutler Reservoir.. 19" and 25"... Didn't realize I was an airhead until I got home and didn't put the sign in the picture... So guess these probably won't count... Let me know...J
[signature]
Oh Jeff Jeff Jeff - this pains me to say. But the one thing I can stand by as a "judge" is to be consistent. Alleviates the complaints or questions about legitimacy.

BUT - I'd grant you this - slap a BFT sticker on your backside board, and scribble 2014 on a temp-sticker, and I don't think anyone could gripe about it. Need a sticker? At least that won't blow away or be forgotten.

Nice fish though! I've very glad you got your Wiper!
Need to start drawing up more specifics on the Floatilla plans - fast approaching. Cheers mate!
I was afraid of that. Yes I could use a sticker if you have one. I'll try to get a flotilla kick off reminder posted this weekend too thanks for the reminder. J
[signature]
Hey here is one more little one, but since you wouldn't count my bigger ones it will probably be a scoring fish... Caught it on Cutler Res. May 29th and I measured it at 22.5" but it wouldn't hold still so all the picture shows is 22"... Nice fat fish though...Later J

[#005000]Since you've already caught better, I'll give it to ya. Darn close, and I can see a third hand pinch would hit that mark.

22.5 pnts

If there's a complaint I might have to notch it to 22. Glad you got the stickers, was meaning to PM you they were there. Your's is the fish-post box, eh?
[/#005000]
Guess I got a third place last night, 6-17-14 from Cutler, it was 19" but the pic that shows that doesn't show the BFT 2014 logo very well. Anyway nothing much just picking up a half inch. Later J
[signature]
Nevermind that last one, June 18, Cutler Res and 23". Still nothing to brag about but its a couple inches more. I had my carp entry last night but it wouldn't fit in my basket and while I was fighting to try and get it in it slapped my face and got loose so no picture. It was 5 or 6" longer than the cat too. Best fight of the year, I thought I had the new top cat as it was dragging me around in my toon. I couldn't get that thing up where I could see it for over ten minutes. Anyway dang fun fight and oh I forgot to mention I had somehow snagged it in the dorsal fin adding to the power of the fight. I tell ya they are the Benson Tarpon. Later J

[#005000]That'll do. Think that sticker/banger board setup works ok. I think we should open that up to anyone - name the year, user, and the logo. You could add Catfish Contest, but I think the whiskers kinda give that away.

23 pnts
[/#005000]
Had a friend from work come talk me into leaving the sprinklers and taking him and his son out to find a catfish. Well I threw my toon on the wagon and we gave it a try. Got a 23.5" channel on 6-28-14 from Cutler. Missed a bigger one that really tore things up before it slipped my hook. Fun hour and a half before sundown. Later J

[#005000]
Works. Tag teaming the pup, eh? Glad you got out. Bet you wish it was pinker on the inside, and silvery on the outside?!
23.5 pnts
[/#005000]
July 25th Cutler Reservoir two fish a 24" and 25". J

[#005000]Well - there's a bit of a bump on the bumper board for ya. Doing a little night time bank-tangling? Hope you kept the bugs from biting!

24 and 25 pnts
[/#005000]
Nice ones Jeff.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks they are a little better, but I'm still so far behind I'm not much competition. But I put them back to grow bigger. Bugs were terrible, I even had repellant on and still got ate and did the Willard suck a bug routine because they were so thick. If there wouldn't have been so many bugs it would have been a lot of fun. Thanks again J
[signature]
Wal-Mart sells head nets for about $3.00 a piece. I keep 4 in my boat at all times, just because of Willard Bay.[Wink]

I'll be up in your neck of the woods this weekend. Camping at Hyrum Friday and Saturday nights. Hoping to get down to Cutler, or Benson or Bear that Saturday. Hope the forecast thunder storms go on over before then, or wait till Sunday night. [:/]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Crazy thing is I have some of those nets just didn't take them. Depending on what I get done during the week I might fish a little next weekend. Good luck on your trip. J
[signature]
August 1, Cutler Res and 27". Finally got a half respectable fish. Man it pulled like crazy, thought it was a monster carp after my first fish which was a big carp. Later J

[#005000]
My apologies, I did miss this. Think you slipped in another entry, and I scrolled to the bottom. DON'T want to miss this beast! Well done night-hunter!

27 pnts
[/#005000]
Better picture. J
[signature]
Nice. You're movin' right up the old tape measure. And the next one will be....???[Smile]

BLK
[signature]
Got a long ways to go to even get close to you and your posse. That might be my last bump up who knows. It amazes me how much bigger the fish get with an extra inch longer. I also expect the fish to disappear any day from the spot I'm fishing. They have every other year. Thanks for the shout out. J
[signature]