Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teton River
Fishing last saturday out on the Teton River just south of St. Anthony. Caught two nice cuts in about ten mins. Anybody else had any luck out that way?
[signature]
I usually wait a little until it starts dropping. Did you find any clear water?

Windriver
[signature]
Yea most of the water was clear through the area I was in. Really wasn't that high either. I was accross from the haunted mill just on the other side a Teton. Found a nice hole and dropped a worm in. They hit pretty quick. Within about twenty mins of being there I had caught those two cuts. 22 inches and 19 inches. let me know if you end up catching anything anytime soon. Planning on going up this weekend if weather holds
[signature]
worms? come on man make fishing alittle harder than throwing a worm out there. haha jk, post some pics
[signature]
There ya go buddy haha
[signature]
Nice catch, beautiful fish!

I hope you aren't still on the Teton...Wouldn't like to see you getting in trouble.

Teton River

December 1 through Friday before Memorial
Day weekend – trout limit is 0, catch-and-
release

Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through
November 30 – trout limit is 6, no harvest of
cutthroat trout
[signature]
Nightcrawlers and poaching, they just go together.HaHa. Worms and reading the regs, not so much. Yo, xrun, there's only a handful of streams in east idaho that allow cutt harvest, even in season. Fish and Game is begging you to kill rainbows over on the South Fork, give Teton cutts a break and use a lure with the barbs nipped. As you said yourself, its easy fishin' (because 99% of us throw back those parasite infested Teton river trout.) Seriously, almost no one eats Teton river trout as the meat is full of yummy flatworms. They are safe to eat when cooked but so is hamburger with poop in it. Cooking doesn't make it more appetizing. Cooked poop is still poop. But that is the main reason the Teton is full of fish; hardly anyone likes the idea of eating black spot flatworms. The Teton, tho I do love to fish it, is a sewer full of septic tank and Ag runoff...I sure wouldn't actually eat the fish. Sky high levels of nitrates and phosphates.
[signature]
Thanks I guess it was good that I read the regs before fishing and released the fish after taking a decent picture. Guess next I won't get in trouble for doing what I was supposed to
[signature]
Well I guess it was a good thing I didn't harvest them idiot. Go preach to someone when you know what the hell your talking about
[signature]
[quote xrun]Well I guess it was a good thing I didn't harvest them idiot. Go preach to someone when you know what the hell your talking about[/quote]

Yeah, you just quickly deleted the pic of your fish ON A STRINGER because you really didn't harvest them. Nice try, poacher, but if you'd done nothing wrong, why did you delete the evidence? Wait...don't answer that....I'm not coming back to read another lame attempt at lying. Eat all the wormy poop fish you want, nobody else does.
[signature]
I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I don't wish to preach. But, just so you know, fish and game has definitely seen the picture you deleted. They constantly monitor this website and have access to most of the content on it. As to where you were fishing:

"I was accross from the haunted mill just on the other side a Teton."

That sounds as if you were on one of the two forks of the Teton River, which are currently closed due to spawning cutthroats.

From the regulations:

Teton River tributaries
- July 1through March 31 - trout limit is 6, no harvest of cutthroat trout
- April 1 through June 30 - closed to fishing

Any time you are fishing in an area where cutthroats are present you have to be completely sure of the regulations. Some may argue that the two forks are not considered tributaries, but I know for a fact that they are. You can call Dan Gerren, fishing manager of the upper snake region, at 208-525-7290 or e-mail him at [url "mailto:dan.garren@idfg.idaho.gov"]dan.garren@idfg.idaho.gov[/url] to find out for yourself.
[signature]
I mean no disrespect, but I fail to see how a fork of the main river is considered a "tributary". Maybe it is my ignorance, but last I checked that term referred to a smaller body of water meeting a larger. Technically the section of water you are referring to would be called a "distributary." Maybe fish and game see it differently, but if so I am quite Confused. I'm just looking for some clarification because that seems a bit more than ambiguous.
[signature]
Straight from the regs.

[inline "Screen shot 2014-05-24 at 10.51.44 PM.png"]

[inline "Screen shot 2014-05-24 at 10.52.09 PM.png"]
[signature]
I definitely agree with you Chris. I don't see how it is considered a tributary given that it's not a seperate stream flowing into the river. It took me back when I was having a conversation a couple of years ago with a fish and game officer who noted to me that the two forks are included with the tributary regulations.

Maybe I will call Dan after the holiday to clarify and get his input.

Josh
[signature]
If I remember correctly the regs used to have the tributaries highlighted on the map. It was a mass of creeks around driggs, you can see on google maps that there are about 50 tiny streams right around there. So now everything there is closed including the creek that shall not be named?
[signature]
I have spoken with the fish and game officer that patrols that area. He is the one that put the no harvest of cutthroat trout signs up at common areas of the teton these last few years. I asked him that question and the forks are definitely not a tributary. A tributary is a smaller body of water that feeds a larger body of water life chris said.
[signature]