Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
Hit East Canyon this afternoon from 2:30 until about 6 pm. We fished the big point across from the boat launch. The action was fairly fast on yellow corn powerbait from the moment we got there until just before 5 pm. We landed 6, lost a few, and missed a bunch more. Had we not been fishing 4 rods, the ratio would have been better. I felt like a deckhand, baiting hooks and unhooking trout. Biggest appeared to be just shy of 3 pounds. We really should have left with two limits! The fish looked good, with only two having any skin issues. Upon cleaning, I noticed they have been dining heavily on little green creatures!
[signature]
Any smallmouth hitting yet? Little green creatures as in crayfish or? Did you happen to notice the water temp?
[signature]
Very tiny crustacae that are the size of coarse sand. I did not go after smallies. But wouldn't be surprised to see them biting this week! I did not check the temp... prob mid to high 50s.
[signature]
Those are daphnia in the stomach. Wipers also have those in stomach right now. All fish live on those tiny things except big predators like lmb and walleye only eat them as fry.
[signature]