Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ strike catfish search
Headed to CJ strike this weekend searching for some channel cats any suggestions or tips for a catfish rookie.
[signature]
Also heading out this weekend ... and looking for any tips
[signature]
I know people catch them near Jack's Creek on the Bruneau arm. We camped down on the cove arm and fished off the dike once and caught a few decent fish using carp meat. The road down there is a son of a B though. Here's a F&G map if you dont know were the cove arm is. If I remember right some people call it crappie cove also?

[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/wma/cJStrike.pdf"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/wma/cJStrike.pdf[/url]
[signature]
Circle hooks and Sucker/rainbow trout meat, 2 best baits too use.... The Nampa hatchery has juvenile dead trout you can pick up from them, for the trout meat use a row sack and magic string, it's pretty mushy and doesn't stay on very well, sucker meat, I either buy it or shoot them with my bow while bow fishing.... I may have some for trade thou,
Matt
[signature]
Thanks guys for info. I have fished jacks creek before and will try it again, The cove arm gives me another option to try. Do you guys think we need to fish the mud flats around tulies and what depth should I key in on. I do have a boat so I'm not stuck to the shore. Two years ago I caught some on a worm and crappie nip, i'll make sure to bring trout and suckermeat and give them a try. Would like to get some fresh white catfish fillets.
[signature]
With great catfishing down river I quit trying to catch catfish at strike. I know guys catch one once and a while there, but I caught 27 in 4 hours in 50 degree water down river. If I am after cats I head for the cathouse. Ron
[signature]
ive always done well at loveridge bridge for cats seen some big smallies caught up there too i use fresh liver or cut bait if you have a boat i would launch and go up river form their
[signature]
I wish I would have seen this sooner. We caught a bunch in the main channel just below Loveridge a couple weeks ago. We were using Perch, trying to find sturgeon, but could only manage a bunch of 8-10 pound cats. While that made for a nice fish fry, it didn't get Steve his first sturgeon...
[signature]