Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCLATCHY TOURNAMENT @ MAGIC
The 4th annual John McClatchy "BIG FISH" Tournament will be held @ Magic this Saturday June 14 2014 from 7:30 am until 1:00 pm with barbeque to follow weigh in.

Top cash prize for single biggest fish with 2nd & 3rd place payouts. Word is they're having a youth division this year so bring the whole family and come out for a fun filled weekend at Magic Reservoir.
[signature]
Are you gonna be there Mike? I haven't hit magic yet this year cause I been picking on walleyes
[signature]
Yep, headed over Friday afternoon with the 5th wheel for the weekend. John was a good friend of mine and I always help out with the tournament before & after. I'll be trolling for the big 1 Saturday morning. You better come out and join the fun while Magic still has water [fishin]
[signature]
can you still launch at west side or do you need to go to myrtle point
[signature]
I believe they're still launching boats at West Magic, though last year most of the guys launched at Myrtle Point.
[signature]
Scott if your thinking of fishing the tourney your welcome to fish with me. A buddy who usually fishes with me can't make it so as of right now I'm flying solo. I have all the gear, electric downriggers, planer boards, etc., just show up, get on the boat, and have a good time. [fishin]
[signature]
Good luck Mike, Magic if fishin' much better this year than the past two. Wish I could be there, but
I'll be on the Kenai whuppin' up on some Red's.

[fishin][fishin]
[signature]
Wish I was in Alaska too! [cool]
[signature]
Made it out to Magic yesterday and did some shore fishing with a trio of youngsters. We had plenty of snags and no fish but were only there for a couple of hours in the evening. When the water drops some more the hole that we were fishing will be better. That is the good thing to report. The water level is way higher this year than it was last year at the same time. I am guessing that it is 30-40 feet higher than last June. The dock at Myrtle Point looks good. Good luck to everyone fishing Sat. I would love to be there but my kids are in two different tournaments this weekend.
[signature]