Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake Report
To start off - to sum up the whole trip in one word, rain. Really that was good because as the clouds socked in and low there was no wind. Wet and rain is way better than clear and a wind that you cannot fight. I am putting some photos that sums up the Wednesday noon to 10:30 Saturday morning trip for the four of us. This was my third year in a row going at the end of June. You know I always considered myself a "C" Magnet and I was brought down to earth when I caught my first fish. I found out that the C did not stand for CHICK, but it stands for CHUB and in my case my first fish was an 8 inch chub. I know that that is getting up to be a trophy chub, but my grandma taught me to hate chubs 50 years ago. Who can go against their grandma? It just got better from there on. I had bouts of brilliance out on the lake and that is when I was wishing someone was by me to see how great of a fly fisherman I can be. At those times I think Curt Gowdy would have been jealous. I had more hook-ups than my fishing buddies. I used Number 3 sinking lines and the most productive flies in order were: Green seal bugger#8 ( I am putting a photo of it. They were hammering it even when it was falling apart. Now I have a new fly to tie), Black Simi-seal #8, Mity Mouse with a brown tail #10, and then a spattering of many others. Most the fish were hybrids, then cutts and out of all our fish 3 brookies. I ended up landing 70 fish and I know that isn't stellar, but the next best in the group landed 27. Then to top it off I made a Paella to die for, for all of us. Too bad there were too many tight lipped tooners or we would have shared because we had plenty. I have soooo much fun catching fish, I want those around me to get into the action as well. I hand out the information freely on what we are catching them on. Too bad there are those that keep that information to themselves even when we are not keeping any fish. To sum it up - We had a great time and have it on the calendar already for next June. Question - What is the longest you have fought a trout and how big was it?
[signature]
Nice! 70 trout is pretty stellar for one person!
As for the tight lipped. If I am asked I will generally help but I don't post it on an open forum. Asking for crowds, is not my thing though.
So what sizes were you bringing down?
Denny Richards Semi Seal is a keeper and the Mity Mouse is a go to as well.
Longest it has taken me to bring in a trout from Henry's....seemed like an eternity, and my Hubby next to me in his pontoon had to net it.[Smile]
This last trip however, I had one that seemed to take forever. And the Brookies...lordy for their size!
Great report and thanks.
[signature]
Wow, what terrific photography. Glad you got into them. More importantly, glad you got to see Mother Nature at her finest! Mike
[signature]
sounds like a good time was had.
great pictures. Looking at Ridge brings back memory of elk hunting and fishing the lake.
again, great pictures.
[signature]
Good report. That Paella looks yummy. What did you put in it?
[signature]
Chicken, Spanish rice, squid and all the rest of the condiments(Garlic, tomatoes, onions, paprica from Spain, peppers and to add to the flavor Clam juice, rosemary and chicken broth).
[signature]
Great report and pics! Thx!
All.I can say..

If it is hot. Keep it that Way...

Liked. The pics for a better word.

Very Nice.

Almost forgot. Thank you for sharing..

fish on.

Idaho
[signature]
Yep, yummy. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Fished Henrys all last week. Trolling was still good. Mornings were the best then it stopped around 9 am. Evenings were not good. Best evening we caught 3 trolling flies. Best morning I brought in 15 in 3 hours. Nothing over 3 lbs. The fly fishing was slow. Not many catches at duck creek. Most boats moved around the lake a lot but to no avail. Chironamids Prolly did the best as far as a fly rod is concerned. I blame the full moon. It will be better now. Worm fishing brought in some nice ones as well.
[signature]