Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey on a snowy day 12-26
Fished causey today with theekillerbee, his dad and brother, roads where snowy got to the dam about 8am walked back in the main arm, caught a ton of splake and a koke between the 4 of us we should have moved to find the koke but it was snowing to hard so we became lazy and just enjoyed the splake, used mostly ice flys tipped with wax worms
[signature]
OK, so you made it up there and I didn't, how much snow did they have? How bad were the roads?

I'm glad you all had fun, still looking forward to my day on the ice
[signature]
Hey petty were you in the middle arm? if you were I think I probably fished right by you. My dad and bro caught 5 kokes I was getting bites but only hooked splake caught a load of em. It snowed a lot but it was worth it to be on the ice and have non stop action (even if they were splake) the edges were slushy so our rubber boots were helpful, about 4-5" of clear ice 1-3" of slush and 12-15" of snow. The splake were just about everywhere but mostly just off the bottom, the kokes were 3-8 feet under the ice, we used sweedish rat finkies, shrimpos, 6-12" under a sweedish pimple or kastmaster tipped with a waxworm or salmon eggs.
[signature]
i was in the middle arm in the flipup ice hut 1man and tkb was fishing right by me with his dad and brother. i was wearing my white bft hat
[signature]
What type of vehicle did you use to get up there? Could an all wheel drive vehicle make it up there? Is there a clear path to the lake?
[signature]
we where in a 4wd dodge we saw cars on the dam
[signature]
[Tongue][font "Arial"][red][size 2] Ok, guys I love ice fishing, but you guys are my Heros.[/size][/red][/font]

AFDan52
[signature]
i thoght we where the only crazy one but i guess i was wrong there where 3 trucks already on the dam when we got there. ice fisherman dec 26 2003 the men with the brass ___
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] You got to Love it[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
It really was a killer day for the snow. It was fun catching all those tiny splake, but it sure would have been nice to hook into some Kokes. I guess that's the nature of the beast though.
[signature]
Hey Hoobie or anyone else that was there yesterday, was the slush everywhere or just on the edges? When we were there Wednesday the slush was just on the edges but that was before all this new snow came down. I guess with that much snow you could pack it down and not have a problem about standing in the slush. Maybe later today I'll drive up and check it out. WH2
[signature]
I think there was slush everywhere but most areas the snow packed down and it wasn't slushy but there were spots that were rally slushy and when we drilled our holes we had about a 6 inches around our hole that was 2 inches of slush/water.
[signature]
Yeah We were the three guys that showed up around 10:00, about a half hour after you guys left my bro caught another koke and we thought we were going to get into them again but that koke must have just lost the school or the splake got to the bait faster cause we only caught splake after that.
[signature]
It was nice to see you up there Hoobie....sorry we didn't get better acquainted. I was the one with the fish finder set up. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
Petty you are nuts!!! I thought I was the extreme, but you can have that nickname!!! Well let me know when we are going fishing again. Hey what do you think in a week or 2 possibly joining me on East Canyon to test my boat out. Given that snow melts off the ramp!!!!
[signature]
its probly froze
[signature]
Polo,I'll bet only open water in 2 weeks will be Bear Lake if the Marina dose not freeze!!M.H.
[signature]