Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost creek (report 12-26-03)
Fished Lost creek today from 7:30-12:00. The first three hours was calm and did not snow. The last hour the wind started to blow and a light snow fall started. There was about 14"-16" of new snow at lost creek.

Started the day by steping into a hole that was drilled the day before and never froze during the night. One leg was wet up to my knee and my boot was full of water.

Caught alot of small trout and a few that where 12"-13". Theres about 3" of slushy/water on top of the ice. After walking around the hole for an hour it turns to mostly water. Several times when I tried to release the fish back into the hole the fish would swim away on top of the ice and then get stuck in some slush. When releasing the fish I had to make an extra effort to get the fish all the way threw the hole so he would swim back to the deep water instead of swiming on top of the ice.
[signature]
how much ice on the lake?
[signature]
There was about 4"-5" of ice. If you go up the make sure you have good rubber boots because its going to be messy untill the water that is ontop of the ice has a chance to freeze.
[signature]
How was the drive up there? I've never been there before. Do you need 4WD?
[signature]
I was in a 4wd and made it just fine. I was the second truck up there and then the first truck let me pass so I was cutting the path part of the way. On the way home I seen a plow driving up the road but I am not sure how far he went. 4wd is recommended but I think if you have a good set of snow tires you should be alright in 2wd. Theres only one short steep area that might give you any problems in 2wd and its after the gate.
[signature]
Good Report MGB, so the gate is still open? 14 to 16" of snow up there? I hope all this snow really helps the resevoirs, they need it. I have been shoveling snow the last two days and now my driveway is all nice and dry and clean. That Ice Melt stuff works wonders!
Yes, the gate was open. 14-16" was at noon Friday it could of easily got another 1' of snow since then. This storm and a few more like it is just what we need to help the lakes fill up next year. Does anybody know if they can write you a ticket if the gate is open and the road closed sign is up and you drive threw the gate and go up to the reservoir?
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Hey there MGB, were you able to drive to the top of the dam, or did you have to walk up to it.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Hi Dan, I drove all the way to the dam. That would of been a really tough hike with all of that new snow. I'm glad I never got a ticket. Everyone drove all the way to the dam that day.
[signature]