Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 12-27
fished causey today with out4trout got to the dam about 8am we went up in a car. started walking out on the lake lot more snow then yesterday 4in of slush under snow all over lake walked out 50 yrds from dam and my foot went threw an icehole, i was All wet so we didnt go much further, fishing was fast at first then slowed to a crawl, meet fishdog and dks fellow bfters on the lake. splake where all small but fun to catch fished in 35ft of water caught most fish 10-14ft down
[signature]

[cool]Yeah, poor Petty. I think he's cursed with bad luck lately. I mean, he caught fish today, but after falling in the icehole, I'm pretty convinced that he's ran into some bad luck lately. Let's see, the tranny going out on his car, falling on his arse on the ice last week, getting his bft sticker ripped off his car, and now falling into a snow covered ice hole that didn't freeze![Tongue]

Petty, you need to catch a nice big ole Brown from Causey to get rid of this curse! Hopefully you'll get him tomorrow!

The fishing was fun at Causey today, and the scenery up there was amazing! My first time up there was a blast, and it was cool getting to know Petty better. We'll get into the kokes next time...[pirate]
[signature]
I was afraid the slush was going to be deeper after the report from yesterday but I'm surprised you made it up there in a car. How much snow do you think fell up there in the last couple of days? Did anyone from BFT go farther out on the lake that you talked to? WH2
[signature]
only talked to the 2 fishdog was 20yrds fom us and DKS was about 50yrds away there where a lot of people up there. id reather be in a front wheel drive car then a 2wd truck on the packed roads. id say 2+ft in the 2 days
[signature]
sorry i almost forgot there was another newbie to bft that i talked to for a minute i think his id was KJ. hope all that where out there put there reports up
[signature]
Dang Jason, you sure have been a Causey fishin' fool as of late. Glad you could get some fish, too bad you fell in the hole.
[signature]
i'll be back up there the 31 and the 1st
[signature]
Man that sucks you fell in the hole. that is something that would happen to me. And of course everyone would laugh at me. I need to get out fishing wiith ya soon!!!!
[signature]
We will probably see you there on the 31st. Last week I saw a pair of snow shoes at Sam's club and after reading your report about stepping in the hole yesterday I was thinking about buying some. Not only would they keep you out of the ice holes but they would make it easier to walk on all that snow, anyone ever tried them for ice fishing? WH2
[signature]