Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Arizona
Been lurking for a couple years, I found this site a couple years ago planning a Trout fishing trip in Utah. With all the information gathered here, we had a great trip and caught lots of fish, so Thank You for that! Been back a few times since.

In AZ. I fish The Desert Lakes around Phoenix and the smaller lakes in the mountains. Pretty much for anything with fins. Looking forward to swapping some fishing stories with you Guys and Gals.
[signature]
Welcome aboard! Glad you took a minute to register and glad thinks worked out so well in Utah!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thanks for signing up. Good to have you here.[cool]
[signature]
Hi, I came across your post as I was looking for lake fishing information. I'm taking my boy to Lake Pleasant to shore fish. Are there any baits you recommend? I have mostly fished for trout so these lakes are unfamiliar to me! Thank you in advance.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I replied to one of your other posts. Here is a bit more info on the subject of baits/lures.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Over the years, I did very well for all species fishing small jigs with a bit of worm on the hook. When the crappies or white bass are active, just a 2-3" plastic twister...in white, chartreuse or smoke sparkle...will usually get good action. For bluegills fish 1 1/2" plastic tubes in white, black/chartreuse or crawdad colors (brown/green). Again, a bit of worm helps get more bites.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]For white bass and crappies cast out or parallel to shore, allow the jigs to sink...counting down...and then reel slowly back in. Lengthen your casts and/or count down more or less on successive casts until you get bit. Then duplicate the distance and the count down on the next casts.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]For bluegill, pitch closer to shore and allow the jigs to settle to the bottom. Then lift and drop them back in. Once you find the zone keep fishing that same pattern.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You are likely to catch cats on the same jigs and areas you catch sunfish. But if you want to soak bait, go with chicken livers, prepared dough baits, pieces of hot dogs or plain old nightcrawlers. And bass and other species will pick up the crawlers too. If you have access to frozen bait fish, try cut anchovies, mackerel or other such oily fish.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Since live bait is allowed in Arizona, don't overlook minnows. Or if you can throw a cast net, try to get some fresh threadfin shad when they are cruising close to shore.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]If you want to try for largemouths, take an assortment of crawdad or shad imitating crankbaits. A lot of swimming plastics work well too. And bottom bouncing with jig and trailer can hook some bigguns. But unless you are reasonably skilled at fishing these lures, and detecting light bites, you may be frustrated...and lose a lot of tackle to Pleasants rocks and brush.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Welcome. Look forward to seeing some post on here from you.
[signature]