Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boise River
Went to my honey hole this morning and was slaying rainbows and white fish. Decided to throw a bigger bugger out and dragged this boy in. First Brown I have ever caught and the longest fight I have ever had with any trout. Sweet. [bobhappy][bobhappy]
[signature]
Congrats on a great fish!
[signature]
Nice fish. I was on the middle fork on Thursday and with my first cast hooked and landed a 17" rainbow.
[signature]
Thanks!! The middle fork holds some good trout. Went this time last year and jumped a rattlesnake. Thought I was done for but he took off after a minute of looking pissed off.
[signature]
Nope...the mfb doesnt hold any fish [cool]
[signature]
No fish and the road sucks. [Wink]
[signature]
The road defiantly sucks.
[signature]
Was up on the middle fork last week, water still seems high. In past years caught a lot more fish. Yes the road still sucks.
[signature]
Nice fish. Please consider C&R for that was not a cookie cutter planter trout. That was a fish that makes the river special and unique.
[signature]
Nice Catch!

Throw big or go home...

Idaho

C&R. Is a person's own deal..
[signature]
Nice BROWN. The fly looks like a #6 Cone head olive bugger, close? When you say bigger, what were you trowing if I may ask?
[signature]
Nailed the fly and size. I usually c&r unless for some reason the fish won't revive and bellies up afterwards or if I plain just want some trout. No point letting it become duck food. I have kept native where legal and pellet heads afor the bbq. Now maybe one native a year to remember how much better they taste over the stockers. I'm in no way going to catch and keep my limit of native trout and if I really want good pink trout meat I will go catch a dozen or so brook trout up in the mountains . I do think they should limit how many natives you can take out. If the limit is 6 trout and the stream is put and take only 1 or 2 can be native.

What you need to worry about is people walking from the river without the big gulp cups they walked in with and two stringers with twenty fish from the river.
And for the c&r suggestion from metal that was the most polite c&r post I have seen in any forum. Thank you.
[signature]
fly,

Is that a dog or a cat?

Kind of different..

Bad @ss.

Idaho
[signature]
A couple of these little guys in another section of the Boise R. Having a blast with a 3 wt cannot wait to hit some creeks up while hunting.
[signature]
I know for fact the Biggest German Brown " Out of the Boise"... Some one saw Fin's.. Low water....

I just fish and float.

Clarence Peterson.

Mountain Billiards.

Clarence was a resident of Boise, Idaho.

Purple & Cats.

Pete.

RIP.

Idaho
[signature]
I got no problem with thinning the herd for a meal, but agree so many abuse this.

When you said throw bigger, here that fly is a starting size, to throw bigger means like a 6" articulated meaty monstrosity... And the brown hit it!

Idaho, it is a long hair Dachshund.
[signature]
I started out using a #10 without a bead and was catching fish. Decided this cone head would get closer to the bottom of the hole and bam.
I have used hot pink 6 inchers for steelhead with and without beads. They look pretty cool doing there thing in the water. Would also feel bad for anybody sneaking up behind me as I'm loading a cast.
[signature]
Bringing up the subject of Browns in the Boise. Thanks to the fellow fly fishers that helped net this pig.
[signature]