Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Water Fishing
I have been fishing about every day minus therapy days. Trying to makeup for the month I missed[laugh]
Jordan river is right there and it is always interesting.
[Image: IMG_1887_zpsc5cc895f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1915_zps6f9dd15d.jpg]

But last night was very interesting. I have been seeing a couple Turtles since Christmas. They pop their head up for a few minutes then gone. I was fishing a Gartside Gurgler in white with a Rainy's Popcorn ball dropper about 20" down. I also use a small clear Thingamabobber.
I had cast and something was tapping my fly as the indy was bopping a bit. All of a sudden the turtle comes up about 2 feet away from my indy. I let it sit, turtle went down. He then came up about a foot away from my indy. Again I let it sit, he dove again, and the indy went under and took off.
I pulled and honestly thought I was bringing in a branch, but nope...Mr. Turtle took the popcorn ball. Sorry on the blurry picture, but he wanted back in the water. I got the hook out and camera photo him. He was 10" wide!
[Image: Turtle_zps589eb22a.jpg]
He is back swimming around
This morning I found out what was tapping my flies
[Image: 10590638_10152654443723704_9033842442865...819071.jpg]
I am so hooked.
[signature]
Well you can mark turtle off your fly bucket list. Now u need to catch a duck ha ha! I hooked one last year on the low Provo but I just cut the leader.
[signature]
I have caught Mud Larks, but it wasn't in the mouth so it doesn't count...LOL Even the Crayfish took the fly in the mouth.
[signature]
Great report as usual, but that turtle is flat out amazing!
[signature]
I know! I saw him today but i avoided him....lol
[signature]