Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake 8/31-9/1
We were able to hit Henry's between storms Sunday and Monday morning. The fishing was fast and fun. I was able to help my nephew hook up with his first fish. On Sunday we launched from the state park and dropped the lines and trolled towards the cliffs. Didn't hook up until after the channel. After that it was fish on! We were returning most of our catch, only kept a few for my nephew to enjoy with his family. On Monday we started about 8am and tried out the county docks. There were only a few other boat trailers in the parking spots. Headed over to the area that was hopping the day before. Sure enough we would get the lines out and BAM! We even had double hook ups twice. Most fish were coming in between 3 & 4 pounds. The fish were fighting extra hard so I have to say another good weekend on Henry's. The picture I attached is my boy from our trip earlier in September on the weekend of the 8th.
[signature]
That is a beautiful trout. You did better than some friends of mine up there. They were fly fishing from pontoons and had to work hard to get a fish.
Thanks for sharing. My turn is close.
[signature]