Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Guys! Hello Az.
A little surprised to check out the Arizona forum and find names I recognize from Utah. So, why check out the Az. forum? This is where I now live. Moved here (south of Tucson) 3 months ago, bought a "fixer upper"......UGH! Fishing stuff still packed, I know....PRIORITIES are ALL screwed up right now! But soon it will get unpacked and the fishing will begin. Been a lot to learn since moving here, and still a lot more. The environment as a whole is sure quite different here than plain old Plain City, Utah. Oh but don't fret, I'll still be up there some, kids and grand kids are still there. So I guess I will now be checking the AZ. boards for whats happening and where to go. So, see you later Utah, Hello Arizona.
[signature]
Years ago TubeDude use to be a mod on this board when he lived down there, you can go back 3 or 4 pages to read some of his old post. There have been several members from Utah that moved down there in that last few years but no one is posting reports right now. AFFamily was a mod there a year ago or so and he tried to get the board going but there just were not enough active posters. Maybe you can be the one to get the Az board going, it sure could use some help.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Lots of good fishing in Arizona. I lived in Tucson area for about 10 years and originally started the Arizona board. It has definitely had its ups and downs...mostly downs.

It was frustrating to me to try to get the Arizona board going. I talked to a lot of folks out on the waters but most were either not computer oriented or just plain didn't want to play on a fishing forum.

There are a few good fishing tackle outlets in Tucson that will help you with maps and tackle suggestions. My favorite lakes were mostly down near the Mexican border...Patagonia, Pena Blanca, Arivaca, etc. But the fishing and the lake surroundings have really changed since I lived and fished there. Otherwise, you may want to drive north to some of the lakes around Phoenix...along the Salt River and Verde River.

You are also not far from the beaches of Mexico, such as Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Bahia Kino and San Carlos. Fantastic fishing along the Sea of Cortez and only about a 4 hour drive. Just be sure you have proper documentation for crossing the border...yourself and your vehicle. We may be pretty lax in our border enforcement but they are not. Having one .22 shell laying in your trunk will get you thrown in jail and all your stuff impounded. And with the increased problems with the cartels down there you should never go alone.

Then there is the Colorado River...above Yuma. Great bass fishing in the lakes and some huge flathead cats in the river.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Welcome to AZ, Boatiac! Haven't fished your area in many years. Made many trips to San Carlos, great fishing lake in it's hayday! I just read the other day, lake is completely Empty, total fish kill. Really Sad to read. Always loved the Chiricahaus and have had some good fishing there.

Me personally, I wont fish Reservation waters any more, too many bad experiences. But that's just me.

Good luck finding your new favorite Fishing Holes! [fishon]
[signature]
Welcome Botiac! Good luck finding your new Favorite Fishing Hole. [fishon]
[signature]
Hey guys sorry I've abandoned the forum lately. I'm still here and still love talking about fishing. Wiper hunter I have finished my helicopter training and I'm currently working as a flight instructor. Arizona has tons of anglers who love to share experiences. I'm part of a FB page that has thousands of members who post reports and experiences daily. So we are here and we can work computers but I guess not many have made it to this site. I quit checking this forum because there just aren't enough anglers in my area to chat with. I still check it periodically to see what all of you Utah guys are up to. I hope all is well and I hope you're catching tons of fish!
[signature]
So how has the fishing been since you went to AZ?
[signature]