Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results: Utah Fly Fishing Contest 2014
The results for the 2014 BFT Utah Fly Contest are in!

1st place winner...

TyeDyeTwins = 212 pts

2nd place winner...

FlyFishingLover = 209 pts.

Largest Trout winner...

TyeDyeTwins
25.5 inch Rainbow Trout

Largest Panfish winner...

FlyFishingLover
11 inch White Bass

Largest Splake winner..

* No splake were submitted

Overall Standings...

TyeDyeTwins = 212

FlyFishingLover = 209

Jazzperch1 = 192

STEVEF39 = 178

remo 50 = 121

Hookingrinin = 93

fiveweight = 92

FishSlayerJT = 88

ddmoogs = 78

Wkmaster14 = 61

TroutBumDave = 51

Delement87 = 45

harlin = 19

- Thanks to all those who chose to donate prizes to this years contest, both contestants and non-contestants.
Thanks guys, wished i would have been better at remembering my pmd and taking pictures but it was fun, enjoy those prizes and great catches everyone!
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]The results for the 2014 BFT Utah Fly Contest are in!

1st place winner...

TyeDyeTwins = 212 pts

2nd place winner...

FlyFishingLover = 209 pts.

[/quote]

Interesting. I haven't logged into this site for a while, but was greeted with the following PM:

[quote Flyfishinglover]The contest ended right when 12 am hit so I truly believe you might want to change your name after you got slaughtered in the fly fishing contest by this guy who only fly fished for 4 years. You had only like 50 pts when I had 209 pts. You might of won last year with only 10 pts but I kicked your ass with over 150 pts this year[angelic].

Hope you keep enjoy all of the carps that I've been catching on a fly rod from now on [Wink]

THE CHAMP KICK YOUR ASS!!!

Hope you have a great day TROUT BUMMER DAVE [Wink][Wink][Wink].[/quote]

So after all of that, he didn't even win?

Man, you can't make this stuff up.

Congrats TDT, I'll be back next year to reclaim my crown.
[signature]
[quote STEVEF39]Thanks guys, wished i would have been better at remembering my pmd![/quote]

Oh I hear you, same thing happened to me too. I had a cutt on the beach but not framed in the shot. Went back the next day and broke my 8 weight after a fall on the beach. Took my spare 8 weight the next day and got my cutt for the contest. 3 days spent and $50 total on a 12 inch cutt!
[signature]
Precious moments. Always nice too see good sportmanship at work. Don't forget the whapping 11 inch Crappie that ran away with the panfish category.

I trust you feel thoroughly humbled and discouraged now.
Probably never fling a fly again in your life I'd wager.

I should offer up some of my home made srirachi sauce or pepper paste - so who's REALLY man enough to step up!

Just hope ya'll had fun, in your own ways if nothing more.
You know me, Yote, I always have fun.

Even though I didn't participate this year as much as I have in the past, it was still fun. Next year will be a lot different...
[signature]