Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport with a god
Fished rockport today with ifg his friend dan and theekillerbee, fishing was hot caught lots of perch and a few bows, rigged poles with shrimpos with waxies
[signature]
I didn't know threekillerbee was there . I got some of those shimpos but have not tried them yet . I did good with Glow tubes and brown/orange foxee jig .
[signature]
tkb was the one in the chair hudled up to stay warm to the right of ifg, he had the garmin240 fishfinder
[signature]
Either there are lots of BFT members in Utah or all of us had the same idea. Met TKB, Hellsangler69, FishingWaters and his brother, Chester and his family were there as well. Lots of Perch but none of the 14" ones I've heard about. 11" was the biggest we caught. No big trout for me, I did manage a few small Bows. Fun fishing but, WOW was it windy. It was nice meeting you all, we will have to do this again, without the wind! I really need to get one of those radios.
[signature]
Windy was an understatement! It blew like crazy. It was great to meet everyone. Nice to finally put some names with some faces.
[signature]
[size 1]If you park at the third turn out, walk down to the left at the big rock point on the highway side. About 200' off the bank, 22' of water. Didn't seem to matter today, when it was hot, everybody caught fish, it slowed down at about 9:45. We left at about 11:45, it had really slowed down by then. Petty and TKB stayed bhind, I don't know how they did after we left.[/size]
[signature]
My son and I were there today also. We were the 2nd and 3rd people on the ice this morning. Soon most of Salt Lake came over and all seemed to camp out around our ice tent. We caught 94 fish. We left at 11:15. Lots of rainbows and perch. Kept 2 large rainbow. We caught them on anything that you could throw down the hole. ratfinky with worm and ratfinky with wax worm was what we used most of the time. Cranked up the 10,000 btu heater and sat in the tent in shirt sleeves. Seemed like everytime someone stomped by or a power auger started up, the fishing slowed. When it was quiet, that was when the fishing was the best. We fished in 23 feet of water.
[signature]
Sounded like a great day, I am definitely looking forward to the ice party coming up on the 17th. I am taking note on where to go and what to use!!!
[signature]
We may have seen you, but the snow was blowing so hard, it made for rough conditions. I gave a handful of mealies to some guys as we were leaving...not sure if that was you. Either way I'm glad you got some fish.

IFG, I landed a few more perch after you left, but we only stayed another 30 minutes. That wind was really nasty.
[signature]
How's the Ice?
[signature]
The reservoir is only about 2/3 iced over. We were fishing on about 5-6 inches of good clear ice. I'm very surprised it hasn't iced up yet, as Echo is totally iced over. The water temp on my Fishfinder read 32.9 degrees.
[signature]
Nice! Theekillerbee thanks for the report.
[signature]
[Smile]Hey guys! I was there too. I caught a lot of perch and several trout. I kept a limit of ~8"-9" perch and four 14"-16" Rainbows. I caught them mostly on a Gold Kastmaster and Glowing 1/64oz jig head tipped with a waxie. I did catch some using perch eyes too. Fishing was fast and furious when I first got there. Slowed down around 10:00 or so just as some of the others have mentioned.

I met a few people today. Didn't know what the appropriate way to introduce myself is. I assume the "Glow" mentioned was the man in the Yellow Coat to the west of me and my friend. If so, I was the short guy with the Red Coat bundled around me that was always catching fish;>) I was just to the east of the guys fishing with the "Yellow Coat". I saw one person had landed a really big trout around 20" or so. Who was that?

I had a fun time trying to help some younger kids try to catch their first perch. They came over and fished my holes right before we left and they had caught one by the time I left. I had a good time, unless I got my hands too wet and then it got ugly in a hurry.

I met the man who had been in the nice green Ice tent with the heater. He had an excellent day of fishing with his son. Anyways, thanks for the comraderie. Hope to see you all on the ice again soon. Fire hawk
[signature]
Welcome Fire_Hawk. Did someone tell you about the BFT site while you were at Rockport?
[signature]
Hi Kent!

I tried to register a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't get in through. I finally changed my email to my work email and I was able to register officially. I have been lurking on the site off and on for a long time, but I have watched carefully the last few weeks.

Thanks again for a great site! I hope I can be of help to some of you as you have been to me. FH
[signature]
Welcome to the site Fire_Hawk, it sounds like you had a good day at Rockport. You were using the same setup that I was the day before, my partners were using a silver kastmaster with glow rat finkies. What I usually say to find out if I'm talking to BFT members is, "Have you ever heard of BFT,(if they say no, then I say), it's a great web site for people that like to fish and read about others that
are fishing the local area." The guy that caught the 19 inch brown was Hellsangler69 he made a post about it yesterday. Again, good to have you on the site. WH2
[signature]
Welcome Fire_Hawk. Great report. It is always nice to get new people to the site. The more info the better.I always enjoy helping kids getting started catching fish. It is great to see the look on their faces when they reel one in.
[signature]