Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Montana???
Hey guys I'm a member on the Utah board and I have a possible chance that I might be moving to Sidney, Montana. Just curious how good is the fly fishing and ice fishing? For ice fishing how thick does the ice get's?
Any lake to check out if I end up moving?

Hope this dead form come alive to help me out.
Thanks for any info [Tongue]
[signature]
1326 and not a single soul with info [laugh] That's pretty funny. Hope I get the job in Montana so I can actually make this form come back too life [laugh]
[signature]
Did you ever move there? I got a friend who lives there. He slays the walleye and hunting is really good too
[signature]
Did you get the Job?

I may be heading up to MT for a week next summer, and wanted to get some fishing in. I will be anywhere from Bozman to Billings, to Malta, Great Falls, and the Glacier area.

I was surprised to see how little was posted as well. I am in UT, and it certainly is much more active.
[signature]
The fishing is great in Montana. I don't have much experience in fishing around Sydney because I do a majority of my fishing near Bozeman and Kalispell. In Bozeman, there is world class fly fishing! Great trout rivers and alpine lakes that make for some excellent fly fishing areas. On just about every river you could expect to catch some rainbows and cutthroat as well as some nice brown trout and maybe a bull trout on a rare occasion. In Kalispell, I like to fish the lakes for bass and Pike. There is also really good fly fishing on the many rivers in the area. If you are looking more into having your own private area to fish, I'd suggest looking at riverfront property. Any river will have good fishing on it. With so much fishing access <a href="http://www.venturewestranches.com">land for sale Montana</a> is a great place to look for excellent, world class fishing. Not to mention some of the best hunting in the country. Every year I see massive Elk, Mule Deer, and Whitetails while out hunting and people always seem to harvest ones bigger than me.
[signature]