Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard on Thanksgiving
Curt, wasn't a good day at Willard today. Even after the wind calmed down, no bites. But was good to get out of my empty house for a few hours anyway, and meeting up with you was enjoyable even if the fish weren't cooperating.

Pat, sorry about the twisted knee. I've been there and can honestly sympathize with ya.

Jeff, hope your Thanksgiving was / is enjoyable. Thanks for the messages of hope the past couple months.

FFL, I worked in retail (Shell Gas Station) for 9 years. And we stayed open 24 / 7 /365. But we spread our schedule so that EVERYONE worked Thanksgiving and Christmas, but only 3-4 hours each. So no one got the entire day off, but no one missed the entire day either. The people you should really be showing thanks to especially this time of year, are the many active duty military, Law Enforcement, and Emergency Services first responders that are not only on duty today, but may be far from home and family, and many may actually be in harms way today.

Enough of that. Hope YOU, and EVERYONE, are having as good a Thanksgiving Day as possible. NO MATTER HOW it really started, it's a good idea to be thankful. Not just today, but everyday.[inline 1225_N._Marina.jpg]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Did you get any bites after I left? How long did you stay?
[signature]
Not a single nibble......left about 2 PM. Went back this morning like I told you on the phone. Was cloudy, but not too cold and wind was calm. Just got settled west of the dock, and wind blew up again. I wasn't dressed for it like I was yesterday, so I left. Then on the way down the I-15, my oil pressure sending unit when haywire, dropped to ZERO and warning started chiming, then fluxuated between 50 - 60, then back to zero, then slammed up to maxed out 80. Dealer confirmed it was just a bad sensor, nothing wrong in the oil system, but couldn't get in touch with warranty company to approve replacement. Will try again Monday. Went back to WB, south this time. About 130PM, was nice, sunny actually warm. Drowned the rest of my worms from yesterday, caught 1 young Wiper, released. Called it quits about 3.[inline 1422_Wiper_CPR.jpg]
[inline 1425_WB_south.jpg]
[signature]

Cool
Nice, glad you got back out there. Was there anyone else out there fishing besides you?
[signature]
Hey Forest, glad you got on one anyway. It's getting tough fishing this time of year. Built me some on ice rod holders today. I even rigged a couple poles. Almost ready for hard water. You'll have to come join us on the hard deck. Till then catch ya later. J
[signature]
There was someone in a pontoon going out the channel when I pulled in. He came in and was loading out when I quit. Said he caught 1 Cat. Two other guys came out on the inlet channel just a few yards from where I was about 30 minutes before I left. That was all I saw.
[signature]

Cool
Nice report bummer on the car.
[signature]
Jeff, thanks for the invite. But I have never been able to develop a desire to ice fish. Winter is my time to catch up on some of the projects I want to do, or catch up on the pleasure reading I like to do, but never seem to have the time. You enjoy your time on the hard surface and be safe.
[signature]

Cool
Ok Forest, but if you change your mind give me a heads up. Take care. J
[signature]