Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Reservoir w/pics
I fished Lost Creek yesterday in my kick boat from 8:00 until 3:00 using fly gear. I fished the boat ramp arm of the reservoir out to the main body. I used a fast sinking line (#7) and size 4-6 crystal buggers and some of [#0000ff][/#0000ff]TD's green meenie patterns in a size 6. I did not hook a fish until after 10:00 but ended up with three rainbows and seven cutthroats. One rainbow and one cutthroat were below the slot limit and all the rest were 16" - 18" long. Most of the fish were hooked in water 18' - 25' deep. The water temperature was 41-42 degrees and the visibility in the water was about 8'. The reservoir level is 59% full, about normal for this time of year. There were several boats on the water and about a dozen bank tanglers. The road in was snow packed when I arrived but was mostly just muddy when I left at 3:30.

It was a great Black Friday, the weather was warm and no wind.
[signature]
Great report and pics, thanks for sharing.[cool]
[signature]
Awesome! I can't wait for ice fishing up there. Good report.
Thanks
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I've been trying to get up there for one last fling but wife's been sick so I haven't made it,BUT will be there Tuesday !! Remember catch and release !!!!!
[signature]
Nice report, thanks!!
[signature]
Good lookin fish and pics. Man that is a nice looking net BTW.
[signature]
Thanks.

The fish are starting to get some size to them since the slot limit was placed on the reservoir.

The net is a low budget Cabelas special.
[signature]
Nice report gfish. Last weekend we had intentions of closing out our soft water season at Strawberry but at the last minute we changed our mind and decided to head to Lost Creek. Started off the day trolling just trying to find and locate, then after we found some good schools we pitched jigs. Fishing was pretty hot at times. My best run was eight casts, seven fish. Almost all the fish we caught were cuts under the slot limit, still fun to get out though.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
Was there more fish in the main channel of the lake? It was a little too far for me to paddle to try to go toward the inlet. There were quite a few small fish feeding on the surface in the boat ramp channel.

That road has got to be hard on a boat. Heck it was hard on my truck. The county needs to put some of our tax dollars into fixing that thing.[:/]
[signature]
Sorry for the delay in response. Between being the first day back from a long holiday weekend, end of month reports, metrics, and all the BS associated with a typical Mondays left little time for a response. Sorry.

Most of the fish that we found were suspended over 45 to 60 FOW just adjacent to the shelves and point drop offs. The three points were all out in the main body of the lake, not in the channel or the inlet arm.

Yep you're right, the roads are pretty rough. Going in was no problem because the roads were still hard and frozen and I was able to just take my time. Coming up the hill from the ramp at the end of the day was another story. It was starting to get a little dicey so I had to hammer it to ensure I was going to get that boat pulled up the hill. Both the truck and boat was covered in mud and not one single thing in the boat was where it should be when I got home. Oh well, it is what it is. Sometimes you have to pay to play[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the reply and information.

There are going to be some good fish in there next year the way they are growing. It's too bad the access isn't better for us manual powered watercraft to the upper portion of the reservoir.
[signature]
Thank you for the detail especially. Many, myself included, often just post "went fishing, caught fish". This was great.
[signature]
I enjoy going to Lost creek. The slot limit seems to be helping. You can catch some "decent" sized fish for the size of the dam. It's a pretty ride up there, and you
usually see some wildlife.
[signature]