Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1-4
Fished from 7 until 1200. It was a slow go for us wth one nice bow at the end to save the day. Fished finke es about a foot over northland minnow jig. Nothing. Switched to a three way rig with power bait off the center and started getting bites.Really light bites. Fished 16 fow to 36 fow with 20 being most productive. Fished about 100 yards south of ramp. Ice varied a little from 3 to 5 1/2" thick total for the day 1 finless Freddie we released and a 3 pounder we took home. Quite a few people there maybe someone figured it out. There were some snowmobile tracks.
Drove by jordanelle on way home. There was a small amount of ice at Rock cliff with 3 people on it. Stopped at the Hailstone ramp and the whole bay was capped. Walked out 25' and drilled a test hole, 3 1/2 to 4" of ice. That is as far as I got, I looked north and my partner said do not even think about it so we went home definitely needs more cold air. Most of the lake is open or covered with a thin skim. You could launch a boat at the pwc ramp.
Tight lines,
[signature]
Glad you got out and it wasn't a skunk, from the other RP reports, it sounds like it is tough catching there this year.
[signature]