Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think?
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/236971-w...aign=Crime
[signature]
I think mr wanna be hero is damn lucky he didn"t get shot.
[signature]
Here is the other side of the coin, we have so many crazies in the world I really think people are going to start taking more action . But you are right he's lucky he didn't get shot, because there is really no other reason to be packing a firearm other then self defense, or an undercover guy. Either case it could turn out bad for someone wanting to be a hero.
[signature]
Some people trust and fall for the false messages like "guns are evil and kill people" being taught to a dumbed down society by main stream media and public schools more properly described as government institutions of progressivism indoctrination. The "progress" is to reverse our "Five Thousand Year Leap" which is also the title of a book that explains what people are choosing to vote away as a result of the deceptions by those they expect to be trustworthy.

I see lots of examples of such nonsense as a gun rights advocate and political activist.
[signature]
Considering the guy had a gun, how hard was it to choose not to enter the store instead of tackling the guy?
[signature]
Exactly! This definitely could go either way these days, but the good ol' "Innocent until proven guilty" has taken a back seat.
I think people are over reacting a lot these days as well. I know being an officer is not an easy job, but there has been several shootings that the stun gun should have been used instead.
Recently, I went to Walmart. I carry an empty sling to "Go Green" (carry my groceries instead of the plastic bags). Many people use these brought grocery bags and you actually get a few cents off.
Mine is a sling (much like many women;s purses).
I also choose a sling as I ride a motorcycle.
I was met at the do and told, I could not bring this in and that I had to leave my "backpack" in a locker. I explained that it is an empty sling for groceries and they are welcome to check it going in and going out.
They continued to call it a backpack. I demanded store manager and went through this BS again and again, WHILE four ladies came in with large purse draped over them like a sling and 2 ladies with home brought shopping bags.
I was finally told I could do it just this once.....I am allowed to use this at any store but Walmart! Guilty until proven innocent.
[signature]
Did you just change your profile pic? Nice one!!! You look like a badass biker chick!!
[quote flygoddess]Exactly! This definitely could go either way these days, but the good ol' "Innocent until proven guilty" has taken a back seat.
I think people are over reacting a lot these days as well. I know being an officer is not an easy job, but there has been several shootings that the stun gun should have been used instead.
.[/quote]
I agree for the most part. From what I heard though, a taser might not stun someone if it gets tangled in a clothing. T

here seems to be a lot more shootings latley or maybe the news didn't report about it till it became a national issue. Either way I don't agree that lethal force was the way to handle each case...espcially the saratogia sword guy who was shot while running away, and the unarmed teen at the 7-11 on state street, And yes I want justice for guise too!

I liked what the news said..."there are two ways to reduce police shootings..1) More training 2) Greater accountablity.

Seems to be a real lack of accountablility latley.[frown]
[signature]
Another thought, how about observing the guy and watching him to see what his actions are. Is he caseing the store or the pharmacy to do a robbery?

I agree with koke king, Mr hero or should I say in my honest opinion, Mr not so smart, could have been shot, had his trash kicked all over the store or even worse could be dead. He stands a good chance of being sued for his actions.

While I can appreciate his wanting to protect himself and or maybe others, jumping to conclusions like this usually come with some negative results. Which is why he went to jail.

Also, I'm cautious about what I choose to believe from our local media. They choose to print and or paint a picture of what they want and turn things around to sell papers and attract viewers. Unless you were there to see first hand the actions of these officers, walk in their shoes to be the one making the decision to how to bring this situation to a peaceful ending, Is is really fair to cast judgement from the comfort of your recliner or couch? I can assure you, these fine men and women do not want to pull that trigger unless they have to.

These men and women put their lives on the line each and every day to protect us all from evil and wrong. It's very easy for us all to think we can do this and or should have done this, but unless your there in the heat of the battle, engaging with these individuals, who many times are strung out on who knows what, I'm. Going to protect myself, others around me and go home to my family each night.

Ok, this is not pointed at any one person, just my editorial.
[signature]
This guy is an idiot! Florida is the Gunshine State, everyone has a gun, he should have known that this guy didn't fit the criminal type....dumb
[signature]
That situation could have turned into something ugly real quick. The media would eat that up so fast I could see it now. 'Man with concealed weapon shoots another shopper' right on the front page.
[signature]
In a lot of places the concealed permit holder could loose his permit. You are not even supposed to be able to see the out line of the gun under your clothing.

Even in right to carry states if you have a concealed permit you have to either carry it completely hidden, or completely out in the open. These rules are to keep just this sort thing from happening.

All that being said I would say the would be hero "JUMPED THE GUN" so to speak.
[signature]