Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1/27
I went knowing there was a very good chance of not catching a fish. I drilled holes near the cliffs at the dam, off the dam, near the parking lot, and 3 spots along the west side. Marked one fish. Not one bite. Warm and windy with puddles on top by the end of the day. Ice was solid by the dam, the spots along the west side had pressure ridges, gaps in the ice, standing water and it was easy drilling through. Saw a bunch of people by the ramp but no where else.
[signature]
Went to Rockport for the First Time to try to find some perch. After moving around for about an hour with no markings, my grandson wanted to catch any type of fish, so my son-in-law, grandson, and myself rigged up to try to catch some trout to smoke. We kept 12, 15"-16" rainbows out of about 25-30. Done by 12:00.
There were 4-5 other groups that left with their limits, from the sound of their conversations.
I DO NOT KNOW WHY THERE ARE NOT ANY GOOD REPORTS?
Fished in 13' of water on the East side. Used any color Rat Finkee(#10) below a hookless pimple. 2'-3' off bottom. Slow, soft jigging. Not dead-sticking.
[signature]
I see you hit the report post button, can I assume you hit the wrong button?
You are the first member this ice fishing season that has posted a really good report on RP, congratulations on a great trip, sounds like a great morning on the ice.
[signature]
There are no good reports because nobody is catching fish out there consistently.
[signature]
Nice to hear someones catching. East side was my next move. Makes sense now why everyone was over there.
[signature]
Yes, sorry I hit the wrong button and thanks.
[signature]