Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch are back at Rockport!! 01-30-15
After reading the first good report about RP this week, Wiperslayer and I decided to give it a try today. We fished in 22 ft of water from 7:30 am to a little after 1 pm. We iced over 30 perch from 6 to 10" and 15 plus bows up to 18". We kept one bow and the perch that were 8 to 10". Edges are getting soft but we had no problem getting on and off the ice with the aid of a plank someone left at the shore. Ice was a good solid 8". We could have easily caught more bows because they were coming through all morning but we were after perch, so we were fishing the bottom.
WH2
[signature]
Nicely done!!! Great report!!! I'm glad to hear a good report from up there!!! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Good work they have been keeping a low profile for several years[fishon]
[signature]
darn! its refreshing to hear something good about rockport! we did manage one perch last week that was big fat and almost a foot long
[signature]
chuck and I are headed up Tuesday. where is the plank? chucks a bad swimmer. lol
[signature]
Cussword old fool! Man, I'd love to catch me some perch but guess it'll have to wait 'till next year when the hip is stronger. Good on ya Curt!
[signature]
Great news! Thanks for the report. One of my favorite traditions is eating perch on Super Bowl Sunday. Enjoy!
[signature]
Thanks for the review. I fished Rockport at the beginning of the season catching multiple rainbows that were all a good size. I would have posted review, but just joined tonight, although I have been following posts for a while now.

I tried Rockport again recently and was skunked! Do you mind helping me out with what area you were fishing in and any tips?

Love to fish, new to ice fishing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
[signature]
I would be a little weary being on that ice.
I had no idea those perch could handle
such cold water[cool]

[cool]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Koko, PM sent.
[signature]
Nice catch on the perch Curt. I have hit it twice but appears I am fishing too deep. I usually find perch in 38-43 feet of water. Maybe I should give it one more try before it thaws.
[signature]
I did not catch nearly as many as wiperslayer, I think I caught 1 for every 2 he caught but glad to see the numbers are better than in years past. We use to catch bigger ones in 30 ft of water but this time we did not have ATV's so we were glad they were biting in shallower water. As bad as the edges were on Fri and with warmer weather predicted for later this week, you better not wait too long to get out there again.
[signature]
Yep this has been a tougher year for hard water fishing for sure. If we go it may be Monday. Glad to see some perch being caught, hope they are the up cycle.
[signature]
Lets hope they are back for good!
[signature]