Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ (and surrounding areas) heating up yet?
With the last few days CRAZY warm temps going on, I'm curious if areas down around CJ have started on the upward swing yet? I've definitely been bitten by the spring bug, and am itching to get out.

That being said, I wouldn't at all mind a late blast of winter weather to ensure everyone's got ample water to get thru the next 8 months...
[signature]
Was just about to post a report from yesterday, but I will reply here.

Took the boat out yesterday and had a pretty productive day for perch. The perch aren't big by any means, but since last year I would say the size has improved. Got into some schools that were slightly larger at about 11 inches. Also caught one very nice smallmouth, but that was a bit of a fluke I think, although we werent targeting bass. Water temperature was 44-45 degrees. Didn't touch a crappie, saw one boat in our area catch one single crappie.The perch we caught were In 35-40 fow in the narrows. Classic windy day at C.J.!
[signature]
Thanks for the question and the info.... it scratched the itch i have been having since the weather last weekend... i have to tell myself its only February

[signature]