Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcum Ice Troller
Do any of you folks in BFT land know the difference between the standard Marcum Showdown Ice Troller and the 2.0 model. Thanks in advance.

Earth, Wind, Fire and ICE......
[signature]
Pretty sure it is a incremental zoom feature. 1 foot zoom for the 2.0 . 5 foot for the normal.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Someone correct me I'm wrong but I think the 2.0 also has a zoom feature that allows you to look at the bottom ten feet of the water column. Especially useful for bottom hugging fish like perch.
[signature]
Thanks, Cowboy_43. General Outdoors has one heck of a sale on the Troller ($119.99) but I didn't want to make the purchase if the 2.0 was tons better. I appreciate your reply!
[signature]
Good to know, flyfisin_kid. Thanks for the reply!
[signature]
I actually have a 2.0 troller with the performance pack I'm trying to sell. PM me if interested.
[signature]
PM sent. Thanks.
[signature]
I think the 2.0 also adds the battery percentage indicator.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply, rspeters. I appreciate the info!
[signature]
Here is what the web site says about what you are getting with the upgrade. I bought one this year but it came with the upgrade.

"The Troller 2.0 adds the following features: Bottom Lock Zoom You can now have a close up look at the action down below. This feature is particularly handy when seeking bottom dwellers like perch or walleyes. The user may select between a 5’ and 10’ zoom window. Standard to Metric conversion Very popular with our Canadian friends, now change from feet to meters with the press of a button. Battery Status Indicator While the Troller 2.0 will run for many hours on 6 AA batteries, it is good to know where you are at for battery life. Press a button and a 10- level status indicator is revealed.

Here's How the Upgrade Works: you will need to send your unit to our service center to receive the upgrade. Click on "Buy it now" to participate - The price of the upgrade is 50.00 plus Shipping. Print a copy of your order confirmation and include this in the box with your Troller & Transducer. When preparing your Troller send both the display & transducer in a small shipper box. Please make sure to include a copy of your order confirmation in the box so we can ensure delivery back to your doorstep. Ship To: Versa Electronics Troller 2.0 Upgrade Program 3943 Quebec Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55427 Upon receiving your Troller, the upgrade will be performed and returned to you within Via UPS"
[signature]
Thanks very much for the info, Wiperhunter! I absolutely love this BFT forum. I am learning a lot from the members who post and I purchased a used 2.0 Ice Troller this morning from one of your members.

Earth, Wind, Fire and ICE...
[signature]
This is the one I bought:

MarCum Showdown Troller 2.0 Digital Handheld Sonar
by MarCum

5-inch Vertical LCD Display
New Automatic bottom lock zoom
20- Degree Transducer with 6' cable
Up to 4,000 watts Peak-to-Peak Power
2 inch Target Seperation. 25 Sensitivity settings. 10 IR (noise) settings. Runs 20 hours continuous on 6 AA Batteries (not included)
[signature]
Now you need the Performance Pack (I think that's what it's called.) It has a carrying bag, and a 12V sealed battery in a mounting case. $50.

Their estimate of run time on AA batts is wildly optimistic. They might get 20 hours in a warm lab, but not out on the ice! And that's trebly so if you have the backlight and/or screen heater on.
[signature]
All of that was included with my Ice Troller, so I am all set. It's going to be a push now to get a trip to Scofield and Strawberry in before it's time to break out the pontoon boat.

Earth, Wind, Fire and ICE.....
[signature]
Yes, I do but with the double A batteries, I used it twice before the ice was gone and did not even use 50% of the batteries, at 6 hours every trip but I never used the heater mode, just the light. So I figured that was pretty good. I never really got a chance to use it much where there were big numbers of fish, like Pineview but it worked decent at Rockport for perch.
[signature]