Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan River
With all the nice weather we have been having and having read Flygodess post about the Jordan River, I got my fly gear out and set off for a new adventure. I had never fished the Jordan and not knowing where to start I went to the area near the fair grounds and dug up some skunk. No love there. Went over to the DWR office to get some advice on where to fish the Jordan. Not much help there. Drove down to around 39th and hopped in the river. The water was fairly clear and it looked like a good area. Nothing nada no cooperation there either. Loaded up my gear and drove on home with a Smile on my face, the kind that you can only get from standing in a river waving a stick. [cool]
[signature]
The Jordan can be like that, tough river to fly fish thats for sure. I go there occasionally when I'm short on time so my experience is only in the Salt Lake area. It's pretty low and clear right now like you said which could be a good thing as far as flies go. If you follow the Jordan on google maps/earth and find places where it spreads out or kinda pools up you can usually find some visible carp in those areas. Kinda like behind the fairgrounds near constitution park, I know you said you had no luck there but Im just using that as an example of what to look for. Also I have noticed that a lot of golf courses that are along or even somewhat near the river have ponds with carp that you can sight cast too. Just make sure you don't go during busy times. Other than that just fish it under an indicator. I have a caught trout out of there swinging streamers but that could just be a fluke. Sorry if none of that makes sense haha, but I hope it helps.