Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing opportunities in the Flaggstaff area
Ok I know it is a long shot posting here on the AZ board but I will give it a try. Any good fishing holes in the Flagstaff area? I will be down there the last week of June and am wondering where to fish and what there is to fish for. Thanks in advance!!!
[signature]
Wow over 1200 views but no info.[pirate]
[signature]
Try sending this member a PM, he has not logged on in a while but he might respond to a PM:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/com...e=AZwadder
[signature]
Not sure if you ever got any info but here's my 2 cents. I travel from Vegas to Northern Az a few times a year to do some small lake trout fishing. I have had a lot of success for trout at Dogwood Reservoir near Williams Az, not huge rainbows but 14"-16" aren't uncommon. I also have fished Cataract Lake in the Williams area and caught plenty of fish and witnessed some 4-6 lb Rainbows being taken just none on the end of my line SO FAR,haha. Closer to Flagstaff there is some nice Rainbows at Ashurst Lake and some Northern Pike, last summer I caught a 14lb Northern up there. On the way to Ashurst you will drive past Upper and Lower Lake Mary. Upper is known for having nice Pike, I haven't fished it yet but I know people who have they rave about it. My little boat is better suited for the small lakes without recreational boats zooming about. Lower Lake Mary has always been way down level wise in recent years so I'm not sure what kind of fishery it may be if it gets water. Those are the few lakes I'm familiar with, there are a few more that haven't shown much promise in the past couple years but who knows what you might find. Good Luck!!
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. You are the first. The power squadron can be a bit much for those of us with smaller craft. I will plan accordingly for the areas you recommend. Thanks.
[signature]