Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time to talk mud lake.
I didn't make any other posts about mud lake after my first trip on the ice there this year. Reason being? I guess I was being a little selfish and part of me really couldn't comprehend what was going on there some days. I made it a personal goal to figure out that lake. Needless to say I had good days and bad days. One day arguably was the best day of ice fishing I have ever experienced. Luckily I made the right call and had my right year olds son out there with me to experience it with me. Some days I couldn't find the fish other days it was non stop out of two holes all day. On the days I found fish, jigging raps, chubby darters and another jigging style crank bait that I won't disclose, were the meal tickets. We caught perch anywhere between 10 and 13 inches. I think the choice in lures helped keep the little fish away. Anyways a few pictures for your pleasure and yes they tasted as good as they look.
[signature]
Thanks for not sharing. On now to open water fishing. Hope the wind never blows when we all go and the fish are willing to play.
[signature]
Fished it in several areas. One was good and several others had not much or many 5" ones. I drilled more holes there than any other place except henrys. We had a couple of neighboring holes that out produced the other 10 after a few minuits. Even managed to get a largemouth there. I was shocked as I watched him take the jig. I did have someone tell me where they thought that it was at least 8 feet deep. Lot easier to look for it with a boat.
[signature]
Just have to know where the original creek bed runs on the Big Mud. Nice fish! A good day used to be buckets of those and hopefully it will be again.

Thanks for sharing. [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Nice fish. Love the pictures of your boy's success.
[signature]
You didn't share! Oh the humanity! At least I know the perch are back now. Guess I'll have to take a trip up there next season myself. Great pics btw
[signature]
Buddy,

Where do you get those miniature MD bottles? I need some for my pictures...... [Wink]

Those are some nice perch. By not sharing, you helped to insure another year of success there? Maybe.[Smile][fishon]
[signature]
Nice Catch !

You are a much better fisherman, than photographer.

Any news on the Salmon? Or, is that going to be a Secret until you catch a couple?

[Wink]

Idaho
[signature]
It's a small body of water and when weird gets out that there is fishing like that going on. It doesn't take long for the lake to crowd up. The first two weeks of safe ice I had the entire lake to myself. It was amazing. Some of the best sunrise I've ever seen.
[signature]
In the day. When, I was going to school at bsu. Anderson was Hot with perch. I really didn't know what they were. Kept, step 'in on them to make them 12in. A dear old friend Pete.

Said, their perch. Not, Bass. You @ss.

Lesson learned.

[:/]

Idaho
[signature]
Very cool[cool] and thanks for the "delayed" report....hopefully others follow in your footsteps on small bodies of water.
[signature]
[quote chrome_junky]It's a small body of water and when weird gets out that there is fishing like that going on. It doesn't take long for the lake to crowd up. The first two weeks of safe ice I had the entire lake to myself. It was amazing. Some of the best sunrise I've ever seen.[/quote]

Spectacular! Throw in some coyotes, moose and an owl or two and the early mornings out there are amazing!
[signature]
Or never report it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]