Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1-9-04
fished rockport today with Yper. caught a couple limits of perch and a few nice 15-17in rainbows. raninto mrlipripper, aquaman and fishcrazy up there, got firehawk to answer back on the radio. fished just out from the boat ramp 4in of ice 35ft of water
[signature]
Thanks for the report Jason....been wondering where you latest fishing adventure has been!

Funny signature by the way[cool]
[signature]
Hi Petty, I'm taking my wife and daughter to Rockport in the morning. I thought there was more than 4" of ice. Is it thicker back to the east more? My wife is ice shy and wants at least 6" of clear ice. Is there some place within easy walking distance from the ramp that will have more ice? We will be pulling a tent and it would make life better if she doesn't have a hard walk to where we will be fishing. Also does the water depth determine what fish are present? If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know. I hope to give my wife an enjoyable experience fishing on ice so that she will want to do it again.Thanks to all DKS
[signature]
the boat ramp has the best access 4in og good clear ice and 2 in of white ice ontop
[signature]
Hey petty, good report. What were ya catchin' em on?
[signature]
He was just South of the boat ramp[crazy][Smile]
[signature]
Hey, that was fun! You were right, Petty, my arms were tired by noon - all those perch! Hope yper enjoyed his and, well, I hope he enjoyed his. My SLC buddies were over at the 3rd toilet and caught some decent sized bows on tube jigs. The largest one, about 17", was caught in only 7 feet of water!! They said the hillbilly BFT guys are OK in their books.[blush] Have fun at Starvation and catch some walleyes for me!
[signature]
I was laughing so hard when you guys starting saying "Percheyyyyyyyyyeeee". My friends were looking at me like I was an idiot when I was laughing so hard. They just don't understand do they?

Anyway, I had a fun time. Fishing was definitely slower than on New Years Day, but the weather was sure a lot nicer. I caught a lot of fish and still brought home a mess of perch and two nice rainbows. They have already been devoured by me and the rest of my family.

I caught a lot more fish on the Swedish Pimple today than I did last time. I thought the perch were a little nicer that day though. Maybe not, but they seemed a little bigger. I thought about moving a little deeper but time didn't allow on Friday. I will go again next weekend. I will be taking a group of scouts to hit the ice somewhere. Might go to Echo instead of Rockport. We will have to wait and see. Thanks for the laughs! Firehawk[Smile]
[signature]