Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Catfish Challenge Boatloadakids
Caught this one today (3-14) at Lincoln Beach. Slow fishing.... only a couple of bites. Need warmer weather.
He is 28 inches long and he had no fight in him at all. Water is still too cold. Expect to bump this one in a couple of weeks or so.[Wink]

The best is yet to come.

BLK

Opps, better try again with a better pic that includes logo.
BLK
[#005000]
That works. Looks like he's be pretty rough luvin. If I had to sex him, I'd go with a male. Got that crease in the head, definitely some differences in the color of UL and Cutler cats. (ours are prettier! Probably all the toxic metals! haha)

28 pnts. Setting a high mark early on.
[/#005000]
Nice! I too will stop harassing the cats (maybe) for a bit until the water warms, however it is looking good temp wise this week.[Smile]
[signature]
Nice job BLK was that a male it was sure gray compared to the ones I caught. 28" is a good mark I bet it will stick in your top 3 for awhile. Most people won't beat that one. Good job. Later J
[signature]
Thanks Skunk. Not really sure of the gender on that one. "He" had a big head and kind of a snaky body so I assumed male. When I first got him to the net I thought he might get me into the 30 inch club but no matter how I stretched him he stuck right at 28. Fun to ketch either way.

Good luck to ya.

BLK
[signature]
Well I'm no expert but a 28" fish is a good fish no matter who Ya are. Those big ole heads coming out of the water are dang impressive. I'll bet that fish will stay in the South's top ten for quite awhile. Good luck but like Ya say to a point. Later J
[signature]
Yea, I caught 28 inches of Catfish Saturday.....................
.............................if you put all my Mud cats at Benson nose to tail, I probably had 28 inches, or more[sly] [fishin] Nice fish there BLK.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I thought for sure this one would best my first entry but couldn't quite do it. Still a nice cat and very healthy... weighed in at 11 lbs. and 4 oz.

Caught 4-13-15, Utah Lake, gonna try for 27 1/2 inches. Fun. Nice today but rough weather comin'. Water temp today was 54-55. We're getting there.

The best is yet to come.
BLK
[#005000]
27.5 pnts
Nice fish, but it's not a 30+?! Yet!
[/#005000]
My original plan was to hit UL today then Willard tomorrow. Plan changed saturday when I checked the weather for monday and tuesday. Now I need to plan next week. I need to take the boat down to UL but may end up with the toon.
[signature]
Caught this one today and decided to get my third entry in. Caught on carp meat about a mile east of Lincoln Beach. Took five pictures and didn't notice I had my name covered on my logo until I got home... same big feet in the picture??.. same old smelly boat??

Might have stretched him to 24 1/2 but will try for 24. No problem if he is rejected because of the picture.

Water temp was 59 degrees today. Serious catchin' will pick up soon.

The best is yet to come.
BLK

[#008000]Yeah, should dock ya for covering the name. I've never seen them feet before I swear it!
I like the tape at the tip, but can see a clear overhang, so I'll give you the 1/2. I know you'll do better yet.
24.5 pnts
[/#008000]
Pretty fish BLK, and nice job taking the lead, it will be tough for me to come close again the rest of the year... Way to set a good mark... J
[signature]
Oh boy, here we go.... please bump my 24 1/2 incher for this 25 incher caught today, 4-29, at UL. Hey, a half inch is a half inch and I may need it if UL dries up this year. Yeah, yeah, I know it is more work for Yote but gotta get every half inch I can.

Great fishin' today. Caught 8 channels and a mudder. The carp were active and the white bass were a nuisance all day. Water temp hit 62 before I left at about noon. Action should really turn on this week.

The best is yet to come.
BLK

WHOA man,,,, now I notice I had Catcarsen's name showing on the logo instead of mine. Duh. I have mine on one side and his on the other... didn't notice it until I looked at the post.

I choose to withdraw this one. I'll get a bigger one anyway. Maybe enter him in the honorable mention category?
[signature]
I will take a day like that. I could use some whities for bait while catching the kitties.
[signature]
Caught this bad boy today at Lincoln. Thought for sure he would make 30 inches but my tape has shrunk or is not calibrated?? Anyway, a good 28 incher.

Caught nine today, one maybe 24 inches and the others all cookie cutters. Good calm day, water temp 62. Carp are going crazy. Maybe leave the fishin' gear home tomorrow and just go shootin' carp.

It's on!

The best is almost here.

BLK
[#008000]
Oh, now it's almost here?
Jeff, I dunno, see the way he twists his tape, gotta keep a close eye on this one. I just feel bad for your boat Lynn, I mean it must really smell with all them slimy fish slapping around in there! (bwaha)
At least mine smells fresh and moldy.

28 pnts Glad I hadn't bothered with that other entry!
[/#008000]
Dang you, that's one heck of a nice fish. With help taking a picture I'll bet you would have at least gotten another half inch out of it. Good job. You're sure making it tough on me. I can only bump a half inch at a time and here you pick up four inches. Way to go. Later J
[signature]
Hoo-boy-- Here we go... 30 incher hauled from the depths of UL today. Might have stretched him to 30 1/2 with a third hand but I'll try for 30. Caught 10 or so today with the next biggest being about 25 inches. They like carp meat.

Man, those bigguns' are fun to catch. Had a real ring-tail battle with this one. Could have collected a really nice supply of carp meat today-- maybe tomorrow.

Waitin' for some of those big northern cats to show up and I'm sure they are not far away. Good luck to all.

The best is yet to come.
BLK

[#008000]If I had to hedge a bet, I would have put my money on YOU to pass the 30 inch mark first. But I dunno, that tape is RIGHT at the edge of the picture? And that nose is hanging over the tip... I could see marking that over 30, but you were there, and I trust your assessment. Maybe you'll need a wide angle or a ladder in your boat to get the whole fish in the pic!
30 pnts
[/#008000]
Wished I coulda joined ya at LB today but after reviewing the fuel situation in the vehicles chose a closer venue at Lindon. Hopefully next week I can get there.
[signature]
Albino-- I hope you can make to Lincoln some time. Would like to meet ya and get a good look at your toon if that is what you bring to fish with. Plenty of cats everywhere but Lincoln is still my favorite.
BLK
[signature]
Since I have about one day a week to hit the lake on I try to plan it on monday. So I am thinking next monday will be a for sure if the weather holds.
[signature]
Haven't got a carp in my score yet so might as well add this one shot today at UL. Tried to get 28 inches on him but I think he is closer to 27 1/2. Fun shoot.

BLK

[#005000]
I need to find my arrow tips. Last one slipped off.
Good shootin Tex! I think we can give you the 28 on it. Pinch that tail and who knows, but they you'd have to touch it! Eeeewww! haha.
You keep working on saving them Junies!
28 pnt
[/#005000]
I am really impressed how you get them to hold still for the picture! [Wink]
[signature]