Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Catfish Challenge Catcarsen
This is my first catfish this year. Caught at Utah Lake 3-20. He is 23 inches long. I will catch bigger catfish later.

Carsen
[#005000]
You got it. Please make sure I can see the year on your banner too. Looks like a wriggly one.

23 pnts
[/#005000]
Nice start to the season. Later J
[signature]
That's a nice catch. I been to UL 3 times and I still just getting the mud cats. I might take the little boat down to Lincoln and horn in on BLK's territory this afternoon and evening if the water is calm enough.
[signature]
I caught this catfish today by Goshen Bay. I think it is 27 and 1/2 inches long.

Carsen

[#008000]Looks good. Might help if the ruler could be closer to the cat, but not TOO close! haha.
27.5 pnts
[/#008000]
Nice fish Cat, you're catching up to your grandpa. Well done. J
[signature]
Good job nice fish
[signature]
Carsen-- You and i know that last cat was a 27 1/2 incher. Mr. YoteSpinner is notorious for trying to take inches away from our South team to give the North team a better chance of winning. I'm sure we can appeal to his sense of fair minded sportsmanship and regain the inches he has taken from you. He is generally known as a fair and decent man but his short-scores seem to always impact the South??

We will catch bigger fish later this summer anyway so continue to fish on.

Gpa

[signature]
Ah shizzbot - SO busted. Me and the fat thumbs. Important thing is it was entered as the true 27 WITH the half on my spreadsheet.

I've corrected the error in my ways. Must have just jumped from one of Jeff's posts and had two footers on the brain!

Thanks for being kind in your correction.
Just couldn't pass up the chance to put in a friendly jab.

Appreciate both you and Skunk. You will be busy updating scores this month... mostly southern scores.[Wink]

BLK
[signature]
I'm not so sure those scores will need updating. You're jumping straight to the big boys so it won't take much updating. Unlike my scores at a half inch at a time. Don't know why I can't find a big one this year. Sure are fighting good though. Fun weekend for me, hope you had a good one too. Later J
[signature]
You forget, I have not yet begun my search.[Wink] Just wait and see what I do. Then I have three more contestants to get out as well.
[signature]
Look forward to seeing your posts it's a lot of fun working your way up the rankings. Unless your BLK and just start at the top. Good luck to you and your crew. Hope you have some fun with this. Later J
[signature]
And here is where I just need that like button.

Finally got a line wet, and a hook slimy. It's a start, and yes, I've got plenty of catching and catching up to do!
My mudcat is more of a joke post, and well, as I found true to form - BAIT!

I have yet to get out and float, and that's when things will heat up. I've got a few good shore spots, but nothing like the access that floating provides. Need to sharpen up my bow-tips (actually need to FIND my real tips, last one fell off! )

As you're so fond of saying, "The best is yet to come"
I caught this 26 inch catfish today at Utah Lake. He is 26 inches long. Caught on white bass.

Carsen
[signature]
I caught a 28 incher today that weighed 9 pounds and 4 oz. I also caught a 26 and 1/2 inch cat today. Both catfish were caught at Utah Lake using white bass and carp meat as bait.

My grandpa caught a 27 incher and a 27 and 1/2 inch. We had a good day fishing.

Carsen
[#005000]
You guys are killing it down there! Some nice fish.
Not going to grade your last 26, since you already beat it TWICE! Rockn.
26.5 pnts
28 pnts

Nice photos too.
[/#005000]
Nice haul Carsen, they are some real fatties not to mention long too, great catch... J
[signature]
I caught this 28 inch cat fish today at Utah Lake. It was a good day and the cat fish were biting very good.

Carsen
[#005000]
Another fine catch you got into!

28 pnts
[/#005000]